The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By TazR
Trying to build a FAQ, i need people who have uprated there pads to post which below brand, price, where from and how good or bad they are over standard.

I await your replies.
By JPS3290
Ferodo DS2500, £70ish from Stu's contact.

Feel better than standard, specially once you get them warmed up they really bite. Seem to generate the same if not more brake dust than the standard pads though which i can live with for the improved braking :)
By Trung
EBC Greenstuff. I dont know the RRP but bought it for £30 from a mate.

Opinion:
Its absolutely bad, poor stopping power. After a hard days work at Rockingham its completely knackered and its somehow scored my discs. I cant wait to replace them with something better.
Stay well clear away from Greenstuff!
By HASNIC
Ferodo DS2500, about £70 from the forum deal.

Haven't had them on long enough to comment about brake dust but they bite hard from cold but when they are warm they are simply superb :wink:
By Marc
EBC red stuff & turbo grooved discs 45 quid for pads and 75 quid for discs.
carparts direct bedford.
By dieselpower
Ferodo DS2500 (forum deal). Extrememly good when warm, fantastic on track and don't fade. If you do track days fit them. Don't work well when cold especially on damp mornings so if you drive in town all the time buy something else. Hard on the discs and they will warp them eventaually. Mine crumbled to bits with plenty of life left on them so keep an eye on them.

Mintex 1144s (Motorsport world). Brilliant pads! :D Grip better than stock and don't suffer from the cold problems the DS2500 do. Will cope with abuse on track but will fade eventually. Fantastic fast road pad and will definately buy them again. £107 well spent :thumbup:
By Smeg Head
Trung wrote:EBC Greenstuff. I dont know the RRP but bought it for £30 from a mate.

Opinion:
Its absolutely bad, poor stopping power. After a hard days work at Rockingham its completely knackered and its somehow scored my discs. I cant wait to replace them with something better.
Stay well clear away from Greenstuff!
They recommened greenstuff upto 200hp which is prabably why yours got shagged :lol: :lol:
By JamesTypeR
G88 Tarox disc and pads
Can be a bit noisey, but awsome stopping power once bedded in. Hardly any brake dust which is a bonus, got them from Motorsport world £287 to my door, im very pleased with them and would recommend them to any one who wants to upgrade there braking power.
By R20190
I've just had OEM ones replaced by my honda garage. These are apparently a revised version and they are very good.

Less brake dust than my original ones and bites just as good if not better.
I got them done for £95 for the front pair.
By friendy
Did EBC red stuff for a track day £80 for all four corners
By Chief
£95 for a pair of standard Honda Pads, blimey :shock:
By rsarjantson
Got a set of Mintex 1144's from Motorsport world to replace the standard pads, what an improvement, work well when cold (better then stock) and brilliant when warm.

Richard
By Jap Tart
Got a set of Mintex 1144's from Motorsport world to replace the standard pads, what an improvement, work well when cold (better then stock) and brilliant when warm.
Me too, they arrived at weekend. Will be going on the car next week...

KT
x
By paul106
got a set of spoon pads off of Guy, as that's all he had in stock and was in dire need of some!

Look good all in yellow but are not cheap, around £110, but definately an improvement over standard 8)
By bengould
so as i have 80% wear i think its time for a serious upgrade :D
By londonrich
Just fitted the DS2500s from Stu's contact. Excellent service and they definately bite harder than standard once warmed up. have been warned about disc life but since they are 50% worn anyway it shouldnt be a drama. TGM where i got them fitted said they could only get to within a couple of quid of the £74 delivered price and that's without a markup or delivery.
By littlehonda
TGM - they are down near Farnborough arn't they? Just off the M3.
By Andy_CTR
littlehonda wrote:TGM - they are down near Farnborough arn't they? Just off the M3.
Yup - Top guys :wink:
By CTR11510
Hi,

I've tested Jurid, Lucas and Ferodos, at the moment I drive Ferodo DS Performance. They are OK. I heard about the good qualities of the DS2500, maybe next time I will test them.

But at the moment the DS Performance are great! on road and on closed track.
I pay 95 € in Germany

greetz

Steffen
Last edited by CTR11510 on Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tarticus
Just changed to Red stuff Ceramic look very very good too early to really say

Got from http://www.brakes4u.co.uk superb service ordered on sunday night got on Tuesday Morning superb service highy recommended

Currently have Free Postage and packing on all orders over £50.0 and 10% Discount worked out about £56.00 a set
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]