The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By Delboy23
Guys need your opinion on these discs/pads..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Civic-Type-R- ... 4616ca8539

If I buy the Mintex 1144's along with these discs will that be a good setup over standard?
Don't want to go down the ferodo route as I don't do track days and heard there very hard on discs. Heard the Mintex 1144's are a good fast road pad but are these discs any good? Any stories from cracking/warping under extreme heat at all?

Just want an opinion on these lads
By Delboy23
The standards brakes aren't bad but do suffer when there hot which I don't like!
If I go oem solid discs and put in the 1144's will that be a good shout?
By mjhamilton
Delboy23 wrote:Guys need your opinion on these discs/pads..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Civic-Type-R- ... 4616ca8539

If I buy the Mintex 1144's along with these discs will that be a good setup over standard?
Don't want to go down the ferodo route as I don't do track days and heard there very hard on discs. Heard the Mintex 1144's are a good fast road pad but are these discs any good? Any stories from cracking/warping under extreme heat at all?

Just want an opinion on these lads

steer clear of generic unbranded drilled discs - they are just not worth it :bigthumb:
By gavin_T
I just ordered brembos off of opie oils. £65 quid plus 20% off at the moment.
By 160mph_boy
Brembo pads work great. was using EBC yellow stuffs previous to them, but find the Brembos work better especially from cold and give off less dust and last longer imo. not too badly priced either when you buy the front and back set together.
By flett
JPS3290 wrote:Ferodo DS2500, £70ish from Stu's contact.

Feel better than standard, specially once you get them warmed up they really bite. Seem to generate the same if not more brake dust than the standard pads though which i can live with for the improved braking :)

Whare do you get these pads threw the fourm as i am needing a set!!
By Danith
Tegiwa I think I got mine from. 97 quid

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]