The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
Hi all,

I've got some new HEL S/S braided brakes lines I'm looking replace my current oem rubber brake lines. I understand it is advisable to use flare nut spanners to open the brake line connectors so not to damage the connectors when trying to open them. Can anyone advise what size flare nut spanners are needed ? I'll then order the right ones as currently don't have them

Thanks
I'm fairly sure it was 10mm, but it was a few months ago I'm afraid! I'd strongly recommend investing in a snap on pipe spanner. They do one which has a flare nut 6 point bit with a slot in it, the other end an open ended spanner but with a really wide end, so it still has a bit contact area. Works wonders and is a much better fit than cheap brake pipe spanners. I've had more luck with snap on open end than with cheaper brake pipe spanners. Also, soak everything up in penetrating fluid a few times before hand, works wonders!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]