The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By Lewisgame
I'd send an email direct to Rota uk and see what they respond with. Although you'll probably guess the answer (no!).
Alternatively the other way is to refurb them without powder coating and just paint them normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By 1812_s
Lewisgame wrote:I'd send an email direct to Rota uk and see what they respond with. Although you'll probably guess the answer (no!).
Alternatively the other way is to refurb them without powder coating and just paint them normally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will do. I dont mind spraying but it seems majority of refurb shops all powdercoat them
By kinky_boy
i have powdercoated a set of 4 rota torque three times since i got them and they ended up just fine each time. Just be careful not to get the area that goes on the hub powdered. Some shops are doing it and it affects equilibration till the point you can't make it and if going on track the paint between the hub and wheel will melt and loosen the wheel. Happened to me.
By Martin 16v
kinky_boy wrote:i have powdercoated a set of 4 rota torque three times since i got them and they ended up just fine each time. Just be careful not to get the area that goes on the hub powdered. Some shops are doing it and it affects equilibration till the point you can't make it and if going on track the paint between the hub and wheel will melt and loosen the wheel. Happened to me.
That is correct as i powdercoat wheels for my job.[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]