The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By MrHanky
Hi,

Coming to the time where I need to replace discs. Had no idea on the cost of the replacement rotors and am wondering if there are any other options?
So far it looks like it would be around £700 for the discs in the UK.

US they come to £430 excl shipping and any taxes. So still not that cheap once all in.

So any other options? If not I am really thinking about going for a K2 setup that a new trader on here is starting to sell. Brembo calipers and discs together are still cheaper than just the discs from Stoptech.

Thanks

Mark
By Lewisgame
I think this is overlooked when people buy big brake kits, that half the price you pay is just for the discs and pads alone. The running costs of these kits aren't justifiable for road use.
No real option other than to cough up for the new parts. Or sell up and buy a cheaper brake kit.
By MrHanky
Lewisgame wrote:I think this is overlooked when people buy big brake kits, that half the price you pay is just for the discs and pads alone. The running costs of these kits aren't justifiable for road use.
No real option other than to cough up for the new parts. Or sell up and buy a cheaper brake kit.
Yes certainly something I overlooked. Bought second hand with added rear upgrade and was caught up in cost saving at the time.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]