The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By Taylor_Type R
smithylee wrote:wheels now on the car.

Might get my Advans done this colour, Got a Paint code or know what its called?
By ND1989
Hi guys, wondering if anyone can answer this question with a decent level of certainty.

I have evo 9 wheels to fit to the EP, I have the nuts and spigots as well as a natty black paint job. I am looking for tyres in the view to purchase this week. I was looking at 215/40/17's.

My question is really, will these go on ok considering I am lowered with eibach sportlines?

Any advice would be much appreciated lads.

Cheers
By PhilBarker
One of my mates runs 215/40/17's on these wheels and his car is silly low - works fine.

I'll be getting 215's on mine when they go on
By ND1989
Thanks muchly.

Tyres just ordered from BlackCircles.
By Tomcosmic
Just had mine powder coated :cool:

have been running 215/45/17 tyres but changing to 205 so i dont have to run asmuch camber on the rear.
ive got some pretty much brand new 215/45/17 goodyear eagle f1s for sale if anybody is after some new rubber for their enkeis, they are in the for sale section :bigthumb:
By ND1989
They look fantastic.
By Franbo
I have Enkei RPF1's and am looking for some decent closed end lug nuts in red and am hoping that anyone else who has done this can help.. will any lug nuts that are M12 x1.5 fit?

By paulydixon
Tomcosmic wrote:Just had mine powder coated :cool:

have been running 215/45/17 tyres but changing to 205 so i dont have to run asmuch camber on the rear.
ive got some pretty much brand new 215/45/17 goodyear eagle f1s for sale if anybody is after some new rubber for their enkeis, they are in the for sale section :bigthumb:
They look nice [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

I have a set of these ^ if anyone is looking to swap for a set of 8's?
By Taylor_Type R
paulydixon wrote:
I have a set of these ^ if anyone is looking to swap for a set of 8's?
Mmmmm Maybe :)

Got some pics?
By PhilBarker
215/45/17 - Federal 595 RSR's

The front was catching a bit - hence raising it up. But also I don't think the coilovers were set stiff enough as it felt jumpy over bumps (not enough rebound damping)

I've just ordered new track rods, drop links and JDM rear ARB - when I get all that on I'm going get the geometry setup properly and probably go a bit lower again
By Pazlar
I was running Enkei Evo 8s on 215/45/17 Conti Sport 5s with a -30mm drop on Tein S's.

1/2up:

Hard cornering in the dry (upto tyre capacity) there was no rubbing but the slightest vertical input beyond this e.g. small bump, and the outer shoulder would foul the arch liner. Always checked the shoulder on the tyres and there were never any marks or wear and as such no damage, and it did foul a fair bit at times. Only ever fouled under lock once or twice and when combined with a rough surface (again, vertical inputs).

Point to note was the ride on the Conti's, despite being 91XL's, being quite bad as the sidewall was just too soft, especially when stretched and as such gave a very low vertical tyre rate. Even jacking the pressures to 36psi cold at the front didn't help, and steering off centre suffered massively! Now on oem alloys and 205 RE050a's (88W), feeling is night and day!

Oddly friends who ran the same tyre size but other brands like (i'm afraid to say) Nankang etc, didn't visually or subjectively see much of a difference from running a stretch....
By smithylee
Taylor_Type R wrote:
smithylee wrote:wheels now on the car.

Might get my Advans done this colour, Got a Paint code or know what its called?
sorry dont have a paint code. all i know is that its called purple rain.

lee.
By Milano Trev
1812_s wrote:if i got evo 8 alloys
225/45/17 a048 yokohama
lowered around 20mm at back

i know it would rub a bit at the back on the arch but being only a track set what is the worst that can happen ?

will it damage the paint ?
Possibility of damaging tyre wall, as I remember you not wanting to roll the arches you'd have to run some mad camber to clear. Prolonged rubbing at speed could rupture the side wall
By MattRST
Got Enkei's on mine with 245/40/18s with Michelin super sports
By 5t3v3-0
just out of intrest has anyone got the evo 8 wheels fitted with eibach pro kit springs (20mm F 15mm R) as i see the post started with a list of tyres and springs but most havent posted plus im torn between going crazy and doing them purple on my cosmic grey or safe and go black whats peoples thoughts ive got till monday to decide :???:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]