The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
By paulydixon
I'm making this for myself as much as anyone else.

Basically i'm taking note of what size tyres you all opt for before i buy mine! The whole contact patch craic matters little to me, i use it to go shopping in and that's all! I'm keen on a smidge of stretch :D

Must have's:

Evo wheel nuts
64.1 to 67.1 spiggot rings

So, on with it:

paulydixon
205/45/17 Falken
-3° rear camber
MeisterR's almost rock bottom

blog

r8byb
225/45/17 Continental
Archs are rolled
-2 Deg rear camber

Blog

CivicTypeReplica
205/40/17
Blog

b16a2vtiguy
215/45/17
Blog

jd26
215/40/17
blog

hovblackctr
235/40/17 Goodyear Assymetrics
approx 30mm lower ride height
-3.2 neg camber front, -2 neg camber rear
Arches fully rolled on rear.

Blog

Last edited by paulydixon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Newannaive
Ride height, camber and archwork will also dictate what size tyre you can use.

Good idea for thread though, evo enkei's are getting popular now. :salut:
By hovblackctr
Good idea, T.C now owns my Enkei's but i was running:

235/40/17 Goodyear Assymetrics
approx 30mm lower ride height
-3.2 neg camber front, -2 neg camber rear
Arches fully rolled on rear.

:thumbup:
By COSMIC T.C
:salut:

I have just purchased some hankook rs2 235/40/17 for the evo wheels.
Rear arches will be rolled
running -3 degree neg camber
By r8byb
Few things to note on mine.

Archs are rolled
-2 Deg rear camber

Also, the tyres look huge on the pics due to no tyre shine, they look OEM (I.e 205/45/17 on a 7J) in person.

I might go gold with my wheels, i want to kind of go down the Mugen flag colours so red, gold and black :thumbup:

Also i'm lowered about 45 - 50mm
By mat
Mart wrote:Why have these Evo wheels become all the rage? :scratch:
because they are cheap and they look awesomez x10 bo selecta!

on a serious note, they looks awesome, great thread, good find on the black 02, wondered what they would look like!!

mat.
By LLH
Can someone take pictures of the clerance to shocks/shock towers/other suspension components?

I must stop wanting 17x8 wheels and 235/40-17 tires.. Im want the setup but not the mods needed to fit them.. Better to stay with 17x7.5 ET43 and 225/45-17 :bigcry:
By WoodyzR
Nice thread, very useful. will get some pictures up of mine once they are done in the next few weeks. I have 225/45 tyres to go on mine, the car is lowered on Spax springs approx 30mm / 35mm. Gives a nice drop but nothing to silly. Will I be ok arch clearance wise etc?

Also be an idea if people can post up about what wheel nuts they have used and what spigots rings (if any) :thumbup:

We don't want to hear of a members wheels coming off as they used Honda OEM nuts!
By raffopj
r8byb wrote:Few things to note on mine.

Archs are rolled
-2 Deg rear camber

Also, the tyres look huge on the pics due to no tyre shine, they look OEM (I.e 205/45/17 on a 7J) in person.

I might go gold with my wheels, i want to kind of go down the Mugen flag colours so red, gold and black :thumbup:

i'm currently looking at a set of these. Isthere any rubbing on these at full lock as i'm probably going try get 225's on as well and lowered bout the same as you?
By r8byb
raffopj wrote:
r8byb wrote:Few things to note on mine.

Archs are rolled
-2 Deg rear camber

i'm currently looking at a set of these. Isthere any rubbing on these at full lock as i'm probably going try get 225's on as well and lowered bout the same as you?
You will need to roll your arches or they won't fit, no rubbing on full lock due to the wider offset :thumbup: :thumbup:
By JDVTR1
What do you think they would be like down on eibach pro springs with 225-45-17, still rub on the back?
By r8byb
JDVTR1 wrote:What do you think they would be like down on eibach pro springs with 225-45-17, still rub on the back?
Under compression you'll still find your self rubbing mate :( Honestly, it's very easy to do the arches, it sounds like a cow boy root but just get a heat gun, heat up the lip underneath and the arch aswell, and gradually just go round it with the rounded end of a hammer, just work it bit by bit. My paint didn't chip at all but if yours does then just touch it up.

Considering i'm running 2deg camber i think anyone wanting to run 225s will need to do this i'm afraid, regardless of height.

Also mate, you'll have a package Tuesday ;)
By JDVTR1
That sounds good! Sounds like fitting will be fun though :???:

Reason I ask about the wheels is that I have got hold of 3 part worn tyres at work in 225-45, 2 Michelin sports and a Conti sport contact 3 so was thinking about picking up another Conti and using them later in the year on a track day. I Have'nt had the wheels off yet since I bought the car but I think I know what your talking about with the arches, Im currently running to a TGM FRSU so hopefully camber should be ok. I'll think about it anyway, cheers!
By r8byb
JDVTR1 wrote:That sounds good! Sounds like fitting will be fun though :???:

Reason I ask about the wheels is that I have got hold of 3 part worn tyres at work in 225-45, 2 Michelin sports and a Conti sport contact 3 so was thinking about picking up another Conti and using them later in the year on a track day. I Have'nt had the wheels off yet since I bought the car but I think I know what your talking about with the arches, Im currently running to a TGM FRSU so hopefully camber should be ok. I'll think about it anyway, cheers!
Yes, fitting is difficult, but it will eventually go together, took me a few hours, i was just a bit disapointed due to some of the wholes being dented etc but the material is very thin so i suppose you can see how it happens and it's easy to make the hole round again but still, you don't expect that from something new.
By chewits
been thinkin about putting a set of these on my ep3. going b lowered 30mm on abp/eibach springs.....will i need 2 roll my arches and run negative camber if i have 215/40's??
By raffopj
quick question
does anyone know how these compare in weight to the standard OEM wheels?

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]