The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
I'm currenty using oem discs and oem pads, they seem to be fine and don't have any problems. For me to answer your questions ferodo or ebc yellow stuff, I'm in the same boat as you, and tbh you only really know till you buy them and try them for yourself. :-D
By bunky
Yeah Suppose! :scratch:

I think some folk are a bit snobby of the EBC's and I just wanted some impartial advice. I found a good site for DS2500. Poleposition usa rare doing DS2500 for $125 which is about £77 delivered!

Thanks
bunky wrote:Yeah Suppose! :scratch:

I think some folk are a bit snobby of the EBC's and I just wanted some impartial advice. I found a good site for DS2500. Poleposition usa rare doing DS2500 for $125 which is about £77 delivered!

Thanks
Whats the website link? I'm going to try the ferodos front pads.
Great post excellent work!

Couple of questions sir!

If i wanted something that looked nice behind the wheels (DISC wise) but still worked as good as OEM discs then what would you recommend?

Ive used EBC discs before and Black Diamond and are both reasonably good if not a tiny bit noisey when they go round!

Also, pad wise, im sure ive read that the DS2500 are not road legal???

Any ideas sir

thanks
What a great guide Evilowl!! thanks for taking the time to make this. One question that I need answered is has anyone tried the brake stopper thing that twenga imports post everywhere, if so are they any good and is there a noticable difference???

Thanks
ald0cam wrote:What a great guide Evilowl!! thanks for taking the time to make this. One question that I need answered is has anyone tried the brake stopper thing that twenga imports post everywhere, if so are they any good and is there a noticable difference???

Thanks
Lottie has just fitted one to her NHB type r
Hi,
Interesting read, thank you.
gazhill81 wrote:Great post excellent work!

Couple of questions sir!

If i wanted something that looked nice behind the wheels (DISC wise) but still worked as good as OEM discs then what would you recommend?
+1

Quick question: What about the Powerslot big brake conversion for the front with caliper relocator? There is a member on this forum who has them and they look really good and he says that work really well also. Has anyone else used these?

http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/ ... RONT_348mm

I think there must be a 330mm version to fit behind ep3 wheel diameter?
Thanks for the great tips evilowl,

The brakes on my ctr were well past their best!
Just fitted brand new honda discs, goodridge hoses, DS2500 pads all round and some lovely RBF600 fluid!
Cant fault them as yet, still waiting for a dry day to give them a real test! Hopefully they will be great on track come spring!

Thanks again :thumbup:
dibbles00 wrote:Hi,
Interesting read, thank you.

Couple of questions sir!

+1

Quick question: What about the Powerslot big brake conversion for the front with caliper relocator? There is a member on this forum who has them and they look really good and he says that work really well also. Has anyone else used these?

http://www.hondaperformanceparts.co.uk/ ... RONT_348mm

I think there must be a 330mm version to fit behind ep3 wheel diameter?
Id be interested in finding out too!
evilowl wrote:You have to spend a decent amount of money on discs (£300+) to see any improvement on OEM Honda, which are £42 plus VAT each from main dealers.

You can leave the rears standard or fit DS2500 pads if you wish, just depends how well off you're feeling

Really useful info - great point about keeping the rear standard pads too...I will also be toasting you in the boozer with the money I've saved!! (Do you work for Goodridge though?? ;)
TEGIWA IMPORTS wrote:
mattyyr6 wrote:
tegiwa imports wrote:Another great addition to a decent set of brakes is a BRAKE STOPPER aka MASTER CYLINDER STOPPER
have you guys got any in :smile:

You can get them on our ebay shop

Has anyone tried this and what is it for? Is it overkill or a useful mod?

Couple of questions sir!

Ive used EBC discs before and Black Diamond and are both reasonably good if not a tiny bit noisey when they go round!

Any ideas sir

thanks
+1 would also be interested to hear opinions. Am looking at stoptech, tarox and ebc, any suggestions?
Also advice on pads, mixed reviews reading through regarding ebc redstuff/yellowstuff and ds2500?
Looking really as fast road driving and not track. Need pads to be fairly responsive when cold!
Cheers
Matt Bartlett wrote:

Couple of questions sir!

Any ideas sir

thanks
+1 would also be interested to hear opinions. Am looking at stoptech, tarox and ebc, any suggestions?
Also advice on pads, mixed reviews reading through regarding ebc redstuff/yellowstuff and ds2500?
Looking really as fast road driving and not track. Need pads to be fairly responsive when cold!
Cheers
Personally I would not recommend the ds2500, I didn't see a massive gain in braking performance plus the amount of brake dust they give off is a complete joke.
I ended up changing to Project Mu Type NS pads.....Only been on for 2 days but my goodness what a change! Not cheap at £135 but well worth it IMO. Designed for fast road and the odd track day if you want and much less brake dust.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]