The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
Newannaive wrote:The ds2500's are awesome brake pads on oem discs. Get some heat in them and they really grab hold. :salut:
Unfortunately I never seemed to feel they were good, the new pads I have now on the other hand I felt the difference straight away.
No idea then fella, andy m will tell you what my car stops like..We had all four corners pouring out thick white smoke, cooked all my lovely black paint off them and they were still stopping the car on a sixpence, brake pads for men. :salut:
Newannaive wrote:No idea then fella, andy m will tell you what my car stops like..We had all four corners pouring out thick white smoke, cooked all my lovely black paint off them and they were still stopping the car on a sixpence, brake pads for men. :salut:
:lol: Yea I dunno mate, but Im more than happy now with what I have.
bluntcap wrote:
Matt Bartlett wrote:
gazhill81 wrote:Great post excellent work!

Couple of questions sir!

If i wanted something that looked nice behind the wheels (DISC wise) but still worked as good as OEM discs then what would you recommend?

Ive used EBC discs before and Black Diamond and are both reasonably good if not a tiny bit noisey when they go round!

Also, pad wise, im sure ive read that the DS2500 are not road legal???

Any ideas sir

thanks
+1 would also be interested to hear opinions. Am looking at stoptech, tarox and ebc, any suggestions?
Also advice on pads, mixed reviews reading through regarding ebc redstuff/yellowstuff and ds2500?
Looking really as fast road driving and not track. Need pads to be fairly responsive when cold!
Cheers
Personally I would not recommend the ds2500, I didn't see a massive gain in braking performance plus the amount of brake dust they give off is a complete joke.
I ended up changing to Project Mu Type NS pads.....Only been on for 2 days but my goodness what a change! Not cheap at £135 but well worth it IMO. Designed for fast road and the odd track day if you want and much less brake dust.
Cheers dude will look them up, any thoughts or opinions on discs??
Matt Bartlett wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
Matt Bartlett wrote:
gazhill81 wrote:Great post excellent work!

Couple of questions sir!

If i wanted something that looked nice behind the wheels (DISC wise) but still worked as good as OEM discs then what would you recommend?

Ive used EBC discs before and Black Diamond and are both reasonably good if not a tiny bit noisey when they go round!

Also, pad wise, im sure ive read that the DS2500 are not road legal???

Any ideas sir

thanks
+1 would also be interested to hear opinions. Am looking at stoptech, tarox and ebc, any suggestions?
Also advice on pads, mixed reviews reading through regarding ebc redstuff/yellowstuff and ds2500?
Looking really as fast road driving and not track. Need pads to be fairly responsive when cold!
Cheers
Personally I would not recommend the ds2500, I didn't see a massive gain in braking performance plus the amount of brake dust they give off is a complete joke.
I ended up changing to Project Mu Type NS pads.....Only been on for 2 days but my goodness what a change! Not cheap at £135 but well worth it IMO. Designed for fast road and the odd track day if you want and much less brake dust.
Cheers dude will look them up, any thoughts or opinions on discs??
OEM discs seem to be 100% mate, well made and can handle track days with no issues :thumbup:
whats wrong with oem pads for fast road?

you'll never get oem pads too hot on the road. they survived on a good track day, only got fade on one corner.

lines + regular fluid changes make the biggest difference in my book :salut:
CivicTypeReplica wrote:whats wrong with oem pads for fast road?

you'll never get oem pads too hot on the road. they survived on a good track day, only got fade on one corner.

lines + regular fluid changes make the biggest difference in my book :salut:
You using them on standard discs??
i was...

i now have ds2500 cos they can take more of a hammering on track, but for a fast road pad i never had any hint of displeasure with oem pads.

with lines and a good fluid, as above, they perform.

oem discs btw, are great.

cheers :thumbup:
Great read. +1 Mate for this.

I'm thinking of upgrading my FN2 calipers to DC5 Brembos on the front with OEM S2000 Discs and DS2500 DC5 Pads so they fit, along with the recomended fluid/lines. Probs put some DS2500 on the back too with OEM Discs.

My setup is going to be mainly fast road but hope to do a couple of track days next year and im off to the ring in September 2011.

Opinions?
Good guide :thumbup:

Think I’m going to invest in some braided hoses and change the fluid and see where that gets me before I go forking out for better pads. I think for road use the OEM discs/pads are more than up to the job going off personal experiences and what I’ve read on here.
Is there any way to improve the braking force on the rear discs? It seems my front discs and brakes do all the work, whereas my rear discs do hardly anything. Hell, they've started to rust ffs!
Hello all

I have been around here reading for some time and I would like to ask for advice now.

First of all, great topic,definitely the proper place to find a good advice.

I have FN2 with aprox 19000 miles and I have experienced, just recently, high vibrations on my steering wheel when braking at high speed.
I assume, my front disc's will need to be machined/ overhauled.

I am planning to upgrade my brakes with Motul fluid, DS2500's and braided hoses.
Searching on E-Bay for Goodridge hoses,I have found cheaper ones (HEL). Can anyone advise are these good or not?
Can anyone recommend good E-Bayer for Ferodo pads?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hel-car-Brake ... 5644e6540a

Thanks in advance
I thought I read somewhere that HEL lines were subject to failing quite badly. I'm sure a link was posted to some guys bad experience with them and turned out that other people had similar stories. :scratch:

With regards to discs, evilowl said you have to spend a lot to notice much difference compared to OEM but surely brembo or stoptech grooved discs would make a difference? (Asking as I'm looking at these but not sure which to get).

Greatt thread btw! :bigthumb:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]