The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
i got my ctr a month ago and front brake discs and pads need changing. im ordering up some Ferodo DS2500's aswel and some OEM front discs, didnt no if its going to be ok to just replace the old standard discs and pads with the new and improved :-D ones without touching the brake fluid and hoses ? with it being christmas and all that. i do plan on upgrading these at some point in the not to distant future. Thanks :-D
52_milano_ctr wrote:i got my ctr a month ago and front brake discs and pads need changing. im ordering up some Ferodo DS2500's aswel and some OEM front discs, didnt no if its going to be ok to just replace the old standard discs and pads with the new and improved :-D ones without touching the brake fluid and hoses ? with it being christmas and all that. i do plan on upgrading these at some point in the not to distant future. Thanks :-D
Well as long as you don't leave it too long and do it soon, then im sure it will be ok. What about some OEM rear discs and Ferodo DS2500 rear pads?
That'll be fine mTe.

Do your front discs and pads for now, then do your fluid and hoses. It's not going harm anything to do them at a later date whatsoever, just your braking will get better in stages :)

Ryan, tbh mate you don't really need ds2500s in the rear unless you've got some aftermarket multi piston calipers up front, for ds2500 front oem rear is fine/ideal.

Cheers!
CivicTypeReplica wrote:That'll be fine mTe.

Do your front discs and pads for now, then do your fluid and hoses. It's not going harm anything to do them at a later date whatsoever, just your braking will get better in stages :)

Ryan, tbh mate you don't really need ds2500s in the rear unless you've got some aftermarket multi piston calipers up front, for ds2500 front oem rear is fine/ideal.

Cheers!
What pads would you use instead for the rear?
ryanthetriad wrote:
Mr Anderson wrote:£30 for the pads http://www.lings.com/lingscentralapp_co ... kWuH12AF9D

£11 for shims (if yours are rotten) http://www.lings.com/lingscentralapp_co ... kWuH12AF9D
Cheers mate. What would be the next upgrade pad to oem for rear? EBC red stuff?

No, no, that's not the point mate...

If you're going put any upgrade in the rear it may aswell be ds2500, but the thing is you probably will never get them hot enough to get them working really well.

Oem pads are ok in the back because they never really get too hot.

Anyway, if you wana give the ferodos a shot in the back then try it and see, but you may not notice the major difference that you get when you fit them in the front.

Cheers :thumbup:
By mat
i went for mintex items on the rear a few months back, got the pads and discs for around 110 and got a mate to fit them...

i don't think the rears do a great deal as i noticed no difference at all, even though my standard honda items were the original 02 items and were totally shagged.

mat.
By bunky
Alright Guys,

Im sooo confused about getting front brakes pads. I spoke to someone who races at Silverstone and they reconmend the Yellow Stuff pads so I dont throw the balance out of the car under braking. Plus it wont kill my Discs in the process. But I also hear good reviews of the DS2500.

To be honest I dont go on track days but I live in Scotland and have some fantastic roads on which to drive, so what would suit me the best, the Yellows or DS2500?

Please help.
By J
bunky wrote:Your a man of few words J!

Why DS?
Sorry I have a hangover and I need to start work in an hour or so.

Yellow/red stuff pads dont seam to last the distance where as I have not heard of any complaints from the DS.
I say OEM Honda pads, because they're great for road driving, amd you're very unlikely to overheat them unless you go on track.

I did Anglesey Circuit National with OEM pads, and they only started to fade at one point each lap, i rate them.

I also reckon that the Honda pads are a better road pad than the Ferodo, more initial bite and feeling, thus better for a trip to the shops and a blast in the hills.

Never had experience of EBC, apart from Green Stuff, which isn't worth talking about.

Cheers.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]