The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

• Potential leaky brake master cylinder - EP3

• Those round things that you roll on...
Those round things that you roll on...
 #3866255  by Ronda_EP3
 Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:34 pm
Last year I was advised by Honda that I may have a leaky brake master cylinder after they noted some bubbling on the brake booster (leaking fluid).

I asked for the brake fuild to be changed and bled to see if this would cure the issue, in case there was trapped air in the system causing the loss of fluid.

I have noticed however that the issue of increased pedal travel (and less fluid in the resevoir) has returned over the last couple of months.. I've just had my annual service at Honda and nothing was picked up on the brakes functioning unusually.

Based on all that, has anyone else had the same issue? Do I just need to get a new master cylinder?
 #3866256  by MrStuMagoo
 Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:49 pm
Just buy a replacement from ebay buddy this is just one of them things that will fail after all the ep3 is getting a few years old now and I have swapped a few of these for ones that have failed .
 #3866258  by Ronda_EP3
 Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:46 am
Struggling to find a genuine honda part anywhere online (including ebay).

Did you go for a master from a breakers? Never used old parts on the car before and concerned with the fact its part of the braking system!