The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Those round things that you roll on...
Hi all
I think it’s time I replaced the discs and pads all round in my fn2.
As I’m not too good with cars I will get a garage to sort .
What are the alternatives to Honda that are at the same level but hopefully cheaper ?
I only do regular driving with the odd blast . No track driving .
Would really appreciate any help and pointers where to purchase .
Thanks
Jamie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally would always recommend genuine parts. But there are some alternatives which are good.
Pagid discs and pads are OEM and won’t be far off the performance of the Honda stuff. Available cheap from Euro car parts.
Few other OEM brands such as ATE, Bosch and Brembo.
Other brands such as Mintex, Textar and Eicher are ok.
Be wary of cheap branded products found on eBay. You’ll see lots of ‘Brembo’ sets at a cheap price but they’re not OEM quality or even Brembo but knock offs. Good Brembo products come at the expected premium price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheaper than 125 pounds for an oem disc pair?
even if you save 10-20 pounds most probably you will end up with something not as good as oem and will need to be replaced sooner. you know that saying : i'm too poor to buy cheap stuff :)

for the pads i use Ate and they make a huge amount of dust and braking is not that good, even on cold ... and this is the feeling coming from ds2500. soon i will go for project mu, but they are not cheaper.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]