The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Where to find all those spare parts and mods
By ant_2004ctr
Hi,

I am heading to HK at the end of the month, does anyone know any shops in wong kwok who stock mugen stuff - i.e. grills at good prices?

cheers
By Dai-Tec
Its Mong Kok buddy. :wink:

Theres quite a few places u might wanna check out. Basically u want to goto HUCK BO GAI (black cloth street) which is a whole street full of shops selling car accessories. Its next to BOR HAI GAI (selling all the sports wear stuff) and a basketball court.

They prolly won't have any stock in though, as CTR's aren't very popular there.

Also YUEN LONG is supposedly better for car bits than MK but I haven't been there myself.

Have a good one.
By ant_2004ctr
cheers for that mate - yeah I know that street but all accessories are cheapy stuff...looking for top names at cheap prices

YL might be worth a look then...
By Dai-Tec
Yep, the thing is the car scene over there ain't as big as it used to be I reckon. You used to see loads of nicely done up cars everywhere, but its not like that anymore (due to high insurance etc. so I'm told). Its difficult to even insure a standard 206 GTi apparently due to the high accident rates.

So its prolly slightly more difficult to get premium bits I think (I mean they won't be widely available I bet). But I'll ask around for u.

GT Culture/Sport are top notch. I'll find out their address for u.
By DC2
Go to Top Racing in MK and find the guy called Keung. Top Racing is one of the biggest mod shop in HK. they stock all quality and biggest brand parts.

If you tell him you know me, he will give you great discount!

Dixon
By ant_2004ctr
Dixon,

Cheers mate - will do - if I find the place, I always get a bit lost there!

You have anything done to yours from there?

I suppose you get things shipped over for you quite easily, but if you want anything ordering whilst I'm there...

cheers
By dontyper
In Mong Kok - You will find various shops hear selling performance parts. Be prepared to be ripped off though (you still get them cheaper than in the uk) because I like to lick cows udders and if you don't know them they will charge you more.

There are several dotted around all over the place but the main two would be:

Top Racing - HKS distributor. great prices on almost everything
GT Sport - Mugen and apexi distributor. very expensive!!

for the ice and cheap accessories this would be Shan Tung street, the one adjoining Trainer (as in sports shoes) street. Forgot the real name but you can tell which one because I like to lick cows udders and the whole street just sells trainers.

Kev
By Streetfighter-R
DC2 wrote:Go to Top Racing in MK and find the guy called Keung. Top Racing is one of the biggest mod shop in HK. they stock all quality and biggest brand parts.

If you tell him you know me, he will give you great discount!

Dixon
Yo DC2 - you still about? I went the year before on a short break & they didn't have anything available... Can't get hold of them on email - looking for some acessories like a few ETD, etc. Is ah Keung still there? Your mate or relative, or maybe you are his lung tow dai lo? 8)

Cheers,
Anthony (aka ant_2004ctr - lost the password doh!)

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]