The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can introduce yourselves..
By GeoffW
Just thought I'd say Hi, and tell you first a bit of my history with cars, and 2nd, how I came to own a '17 Type R, Black Edition at the ripe age of 54.

In my 30 years or more of driving, I've owned over 100 different cars and vehicles, some for less than 24 hours, some for 5 years or more, these include Chevy Corvettes, Cadillacs, Fords, Nissan Skyline, VW Campers, Mercedes and many, many other weird and wonderful creations by many manufacturers. When I reached 47, I owned a Skyline R33 GTST, which was tuned out to around 300bhp, I owned that car for just under 4 years, then I decided to get sensible and got a Kia C'eed "Sports Wagon" which doubled up as a works car (I'm a photographer/videographer by trade).

Sadly my father passed away last year, and it made me think about the short time we are here and I realised that life is to short to be "sensible" all the time, and fate agreed with me as it led me to the Type R I now own. I was asked to go along to the local Honda dealer and film a presentation on the new Honda Civic 2018 model. On arrival, I saw, in the showroom what was to become my Type R. It was a brand new Type R, Black Edition, with 0 miles on the clock, no-one had test driven it, not even I did. I just fell in love, and two weeks later, I drove it out of the Showroom and immediately let it take me on a day long road trip into the mountains near my home. One of the most memorable days of recent years for me. I have the car on limited mileage insurance, but I do use it regularly but not for work. Oh and if you're thinking "mid life crisis" if that were the case, I've been having mine since age of 17. :lol:

3 Weeks on I'm still loving the car, and get around 32 MPG and lots of SPG (Smiles Per Gallon)
By Commander
Hello and welcome. Congrats and what a car! Saw one and ot looks amazing. Happy driving!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]