The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can introduce yourselves..
By Moo69r
Hi all,

Picked up my first ever type r fn2 gt 08 plate last week and absolutely love it, having owned alot of sports hatch backs like corsa vxr, astra vxr, golf gti and focus st ive got to say the honda is maybe not the fastest car i have owned but definatly without a doubt the most fun car to drive out of them all absoulutly love driving it.

Beacuase i am new i just wondered what is the best up grades for the car and i would love to have an aux in so that can play music from my phone, i have seen that there is a couple options on the market but just wondered what one would you experienced guys recommend.

Thanks in advance any information much appreciated.

Regards

Martyn
By K20Ash
I though under the arm rest in the centre, you should have an AUX, USB & Power socket. Or was that only on the GT pack? I've got them on mine but its a 59 plate.

Best mods? for styling definitely get some HID's they really transform the front end and personally I love the Mugan rear spoiler.

For performance, breather and exhaust mods will get you the best bang for buck on your car, then a remap. Decent air intake can be pricey for what they are IMO, so I always opt for exhaust first (performance gains, plus sounds great).

For remaps, TDINorth/South and Eurospec2000. check out something called "Ecotune", its a re-flash service with multiple maps, perhaps not as cost effective as a flashpro from Hondata, but people are raving about it.

Good luck :thumbs:
By Commander
Welcome and congrats! They def are the best cars for the money and an absolute blast to drive. I've had mine for over 6 months now and i love it! Check out loxys build page for ideas.
Since ownership I've had a milltek non res exhaust fitted and it's superb! That would be the first upgrade I'd go for. Next on my list is getting some eibach springs installed and changing the brake pads and lines.
Get some pics up!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]