The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Here you can introduce yourselves..
By Steve95
Hi guys, my name is Steve, and I have just bought a fn2 gt in milano red on an 2007 plate, and couldn't be happier! I have been looking for a type r for months, albeit an ep3, but just couldn't find one that was not messed/thrashed with for love nor money! I am a mechanic, and one of my regulars has a diesel civic on an 07 plate, and although I liked the looks I was unimpressed by the drive (I also own an accord icdti ), so I had never really considered an fn2 until one came up for sale at Burton on trent, at the right money, mileage, colour and history and thought hmm, maybe I should try one on for size?, well needless to say I was impressed! Put a deposit down there and then ☺.
I have to say, all the slating the fn2 gets its undeserved in my opinion, and after driving all the ep3's with worn tired suspension or slammed I can tell you the simple rear end of the fn2 wins hands down. Independent rear suspension might be superior when its brand new, but after a shed load of miles and abuse, there's no contest.
What a car! What an engine! Loving it!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]