The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Find if anyone is in your area
By Alanok
Sounds dandy :)
By iainp999
Hi all,

I *think* I still have the steering issue. Steering is not returning to centre. Anyone fancy a meet in order that I can compare steering? Would be much appreciated! I'm not far from Newcastle/Gateshead.

Cheers,
Iain
By TypeR-2898
iainp - you have PM
By ian macarthur
Saw a red ctr in blyth wed, flashed & waved, silver 03 today, looked at me as if i were stupid, giv him a slap..man
interested in meeting up with the n.east clan, im from cramlington,just finished running in,cumonnnnnnn
By craigmk2crx
I spotted 2 CTRs near Durham when i was up there a few weeks ago :wink: I'll be up there again soon.

1 blk & 1 silver, didn't manage to get the plates :roll:

Craig 8)
By suavebob
Was it on the A1?
Could be me(black) or Alan(silver)
A red on has cropped up on my estate.
By Dave Sadowski
Are any of you interested in attending a Honda meet in Sea Houses on Sunday the 17th August ?
By JPS3290
Dave Sadowski wrote:Are any of you interested in attending a Honda meet in Sea Houses on Sunday the 17th August ?
I would of been interested but im on night shift so cant make it, be either sleeping or working. :(
By GaryMan
anyone like my pink thong? Also does anyone goin 2 the car show @ Gosforth Park on the 9th and 10th Aug??

I'll b there on sunday, fancy meeting up???

sorry! do realise this is a bit short ntice but didnt logg on last nite as i was really tired!! :oops:

Hope 2 c u's there!!

Gary
By GaryMan
Car show at Gossy Park was really crap so jus as well no1 went!! So disappointed with it !! Only made slightly worthwhile with Russ Swift there doin J-turns and handbrake turns with a standard 206, and one black CTR with tons of speakers and a flat screen tv in the back of the car, with no rear seats. But apart from that, bugger all!!

Gary
By GaryMan
Had my MAC course on Tues(12th) with Ray Bradley and wot an excellent day i had!!! Jus thot i like to share how my day went:

He got to mine about 9am, and he came in and talked about the specs of the CTR, how gud it was, safety features, recap on the odd highway code then talked in depth about cornering and over-taking.

Before we went on the road, he said the following that made me smile a bit, that he said if we got caught speeding, it will obviously go on my license, but because he's an ex-bobby for Durham and a pursuit driver and instructor for Northumberland Police Services for the last 43yrs, he may have a say in the matter shud we get caught!! :roll:

He said he doesnt mind me going pass the speed limit from time to time but if we go into towns and villages, he will expect me to slow right down to 30mph, which is fair enough.

Neways, we set off about 9.30am and headed towards the airport, throu Ponteland and pass the Northumbria Police HQ and thats when I've kissed my teddy bear the roads started to get quite winedy. He then tod me to drive the next 6 miles as i would normally would and he Would jus watch me.

I must admit, i dont usually drive that fast and totally not use to twisty roads, and even more so with roads i havent got a clue whether they are left or right bends!!

After the inital 6 miles, he gave me a quick report of my driving and said that my driving style of one hand on the gear stick and the other over the top of the stearing wheel is not ideal :oops: but i did say that because I like to lick cows udders and i didnt know the route, my hands were there as i'm costantly changing gears !! :oops:

Neway, he then asked for my permission to drive my CTR the way he would, and how he Would tackle the bends. He then said that shud he crash my ctr, then Honda would replace me with a brand new ctr, no questioned asked :shock:

So off we went with Ray at the wheels doing something like the 6 miles to Belsay and OMG :shock: i had a grin from ear to ear!! The speed that he was goin and the way he took the bends!! All i could be as stupid as me and do is :D I knew the ctr was good, but NEVER realised HOW good it was until someone told/showed me !! The speed, the handling, the way it jus stuck to the road, i never really appreciate the whole package is i think wot i'm getting at.

after Ray's drive, we swapped back and said basically, that is wot we were goin to do for the rest of the day !! So we headed off towards Scotland, taking the 'back' route so had no stop twisty roads for me to practice cornering, and then moving onto cornering at speed, and i guess that was exactly wot we did all day!! stopped off at this antique place jus over the scottish border were we stopped and had lunch, then half hr l8r, back on the road to a place called Hawick, then headed back down to Newcastle via the 'roman road'- jus a straight road, but quite hilly. At one stage, he said that we're approaching a nice bit a straight road so sed to me i could be as stupid as me and put my foot down and c how fast we could be as stupid as me and go :D but only got up2 118mph, then had 2 slow down as aproaching a bend :x

I got back to my place abt 4.30pm and covered 250 miles and still had abt 15 litres left in my tank (started the day on full), which i was a bit surprised considering i never went above 4th gear!!!! I guess Ray wanted to hear the lovely sound of that VTEC engine, but i must admit, i wasnt use to keeping at such a high rev all the time, but i'm a changed man after the course :twisted:

I certainly learnt a lot from Ray in the short space of time that we had, and i def drive slightly different now. All i can say is that for those whose already had Ray on their MAC course will agree with me, and for those who havent met him yet, he's a top top bloke and like i've sed above, i learnt so much from him.

But like he stressed to me- "SAFETY IS ALWAYS FIRST"

Ray, if you're reading this, i jus like to say a very big THANK YOU for showing and teaching me the full capabilites of my car and will remember all that you taught me on the day and that i wish you all the best for the future.

As for the others- what you waiting for??? contact MAC and get ur course arranged with Ray!

I can guarentee you will have one hell of a time!!!

Gary
By JPS3290
I did the a skid pan session with Ray a few months back at Aykely heads HQ's and learned a lot about controlling the car in different kinds of skids.

Im having my MAC day next week with Ray, should be a good experience. I was booked in to have it back in June but with the alarm playing up i had to cancel it.
By suavebob
Any body reccomend a good paintless dent removal company in or around Durham, Sunderland or Darlington?
Some fool opened their door onto my front wing and put a dent in it, paint not cracked, just needs sorting.
Ta :cry:
By GaryMan
hey John, u must b the guy that Ray mentioned that he had you nx and he didnt have to go that far as you both lived in Bishop auckland.

so was it you????

If so, how did you enjoyed the MAC course with Ray????

Gary
By JPS3290
GaryMan wrote:hey John, u must b the guy that Ray mentioned that he had you nx and he didnt have to go that far as you both lived in Bishop auckland.

so was it you????

If so, how did you enjoyed the MAC course with Ray????

Gary
Yea that sounds like me :) I live about 15 miles from Bishop so its not far at all for him to travel. Im having the MAC driving day tomorrow at 9.

The skidpan was a few months back and it was brilliant. Well worth doing for the experience.
By GaryMan
well John, i'm sure ur gona really enjoy the course 2mrw

Have a gud one and send Ray my regards

Gary
By willisthm
Black CTR, Doxford Park - Sunderland. Drive up and down A19 to work every morning to Hartlepool.

Seen another black one going to Doxford International Business Park, also seen one parked in the Colonel Prior Pub.
By dc5-2ltr
Hi everyone! I`ve been on the forum a while now,but did`nt realise that there were so many CTR`s in the area...I`m from East Boldon,between S/Land & N/Castle.I`ve got a black CTR,G18*** but i`ts usually the Mrs. whos driving during the week.Anyone had mods to air induction etc.or exhaust replaced?Has it made much diff to performance?Let me know as I fancy doing those mods myself.....Cheers :D
By Alanok
David Pascoe wrote:Hi everyone! I`ve been on the forum a while now,but did`nt realise that there were so many CTR`s in the area...I`m from East Boldon,between S/Land & N/Castle.I`ve got a black CTR,G18*** but i`ts usually the Mrs. whos driving during the week.Anyone had mods to air induction etc.or exhaust replaced?Has it made much diff to performance?Let me know as I fancy doing those mods myself.....Cheers :D
Hiya David, plenty of CTRs in Newcastle area, not so many further south though.

I've got a BMC CDA induction kit and yes it livens up the low down and especially the mid range torque. A more pronounced sound at 6000rpm and it looks marvellous in all its carbon fibre goodness. Will be getting a Skunk2 exhaust fitted hopefully this month.

Pop over if you get five minutes, bit of a trek for you though.

If you fancy it some of us are off down to York on the 28th for a quarter mile and top speed day. Should be fun :twisted:
By JPS3290
David: I dont live around that area but work in Washington and always driving along to Wessington way roundabout when i stop at the gf's in sunderland so keep an eye out for me ;)

Ive got a Magnex twin exit system and ITG filter which seems to make the car more eager to pull higher up the revs than before.

Alanok: What time will u be setting off down York on the 28th? Im trying to see if i can get time off work so might follow u down mate. Having not done any 1/4 miles timings before id be happy with 20secs lol ;)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]