The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Find if anyone is in your area
By Cat
NIGHTHAWKEP3 wrote:
jdmnick wrote:Out of interest you guys know a good garage around these parts (fife/dundee area) for hondas, jap cars?
I've just found a place called Hypertech that's in falkirk/bonnybridge I'm going to them in fortnight to get work done they deal with jap cars and have their own EP3 project at the moment which is a confidence boost
Duncan and hypertech = awesome.
By Kris888
Glasgow, NHB Prem with black wheels & red "splat" :smile:
By bornlucky1
Was in Scotland last week reliving my youth, took the M74 cut off at Bigger, Bigger to lanark road, back onto the ayr road through Douglas - muirkirk - Stratheven - ayr - east kilbride - hamilton. Next day did a bit around edinburgh, then back to Lanark via the Lang Whang - carwath.

MAkes me wish i still lived there, buzzing about Forth/shotts/Headless cross/climpy in the evening with just me and my motor and no-one to annoy me/no coppers to stop me and no-one to hurt other than hedges if things go wrong, you take this stuff for granted up there :bigthumb:

I forgot how cold it gets though :-|
By Genga
Biggar*

:wink:
By Stevo07
bornlucky1 wrote:Was in Scotland last week reliving my youth, took the M74 cut off at Bigger, Bigger to lanark road, back onto the ayr road through Douglas - muirkirk - Stratheven - ayr - east kilbride - hamilton. Next day did a bit around edinburgh, then back to Lanark via the Lang Whang - carwath.

MAkes me wish i still lived there, buzzing about Forth/shotts/Headless cross/climpy in the evening with just me and my motor and no-one to annoy me/no coppers to stop me and no-one to hurt other than hedges if things go wrong, you take this stuff for granted up there :bigthumb:

so you went from Muirkirk to Strathaven then all the way back down to Ayr and back up?
By WizardinBlack
bornlucky1 wrote:Was in Scotland last week reliving my youth, took the M74 cut off at Bigger, Bigger to lanark road, back onto the ayr road through Douglas - muirkirk - Stratheven - ayr - east kilbride - hamilton. Next day did a bit around edinburgh, then back to Lanark via the Lang Whang - carwath.

Was it the Muirkirk - Strathaven road that has the hilly moorland that leads into a technical forest section and then finally a blast into Strathaven?
I used to live in East Kilbride and jees that road has to be one of the best I've driven on. 2 years ago the hard winter ruined the road but they resurfaced it
and I love it to bits.
I would usually to it Strathaven to Muirkirk though. Really demanding when you're pushing hard.
By bornlucky1
Stevo07 wrote:

so you went from Muirkirk to Strathaven then all the way back down to Ayr and back up?
Yep, my dad lives five minutes from strathavon on a farmhouse on Newhousemill road, the b-road that goes between Hamilton and E-kilbride, (the one with the squeezy bridge if you know the area), we came from muirkirk into strathavon - simply because its my favourite road ever, came into strathavon on the left hand side of where the jet garage used to be, then on the way back went back through strathavon again but this time headed on the right fork towards ayr to see some friends for dinner, then back to hamilton via e.k on that new A77 road.

Was a good drive, you simply dont get roads like those down in the area unless you go to the lakes and those are just clogged with tourists... [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Edit, on the way in we came the B743 and on the way out the A71 if that makes sense to you.
Last edited by bornlucky1 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bornlucky1
WizardinBlack wrote:

Was it the Muirkirk - Strathaven road that has the hilly moorland that leads into a technical forest section and then finally a blast into Strathaven?
I used to live in East Kilbride and jees that road has to be one of the best I've driven on. 2 years ago the hard winter ruined the road but they resurfaced it
and I love it to bits.
I would usually to it Strathaven to Muirkirk though. Really demanding when you're pushing hard.
Thats the one, its a cracking road, and one in which i had a few too many excursions off of when learning to drive properly - post driving test. :lol:
By Stevo07
bornlucky1 wrote:
Stevo07 wrote:

Yep, my dad lives five minutes from strathavon on a farmhouse on Newhousemill road, the b-road that goes between Hamilton and E-kilbride, (the one with the squeezy bridge if you know the area), we came from muirkirk into strathavon - simply because its my favourite road ever, came into strathavon on the left hand side of where the jet garage used to be, then on the way back went back through strathavon again but this time headed on the right fork towards ayr to see some friends for dinner, then back to hamilton via e.k on that new A77 road.

Was a good drive, you simply dont get roads like those down in the area unless you go to the lakes and those are just clogged with tourists... [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Edit, on the way in we came the B743 and on the way out the A71 if that makes sense to you.
Yeah I know the area well and use the A71 regularly. the little bridge etc. Some cracking roads, like the A71 between Strathaven and Darvel when it's quiet. :smile:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]