The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Find if anyone is in your area
By bluntcap
Gaulty wrote:
bluntcap wrote:
Gaulty wrote: nice one! listen, Ballymena here, but will travel for a meet and a bit of crack. anyone interested??
You iss the last meet? The RR day at Ai a few weeks ago.
Ai?? RR?? im lost! yeah, only got type r recently, addicted to this forum now lol
The N.I members had a Rolling Road day at Ai Autosprts (tuner) a few weeks ago.
By Mike166333
Hi, I know I'm bit late on the uptake but new to the CTR and site!

I'm ner Bangor but work in Lisburn.

Does anyone meet up from the site much?
I'm looking few things done to my car (as prev owner did few things which I'd change) and keen to see if anyone knows good places to get bits/parts and also have chat about thoughts/opinions?

Cheers
By Mike166333
It's got the mugen grill (same colour as the car cosmic grey) but I prefer the original, mines a facelift and it's on coilovers but they're knackered.
I'm also looking a set of oem wheels but I'm told both grill a d wheels r getting hard to find these days?
By bluntcap
Mike166333 wrote:It's got the mugen grill (same colour as the car cosmic grey) but I prefer the original, mines a facelift and it's on coilovers but they're knackered.
I'm also looking a set of oem wheels but I'm told both grill a d wheels r getting hard to find these days?
You should price a grill from Honda, can't see it being a lot, then sell the mugen one on here to get some money back.
OEM wheels come up on here, just paying for the postage is a bitch. The Jap scrap yards over Ulster should have some floating about, certainly not impossible to get just need to do the leg work and source them.
As for the coilovers, what you looking, more coilovers or springs? Again sets come up on here most of the time, or if you have a budget that can afford get new coilovers, sets for 650-800 which are good enough for what you want, XYZ/BC/D2 types.
By Mike166333
The car has set of buddyclub n+ on it but adjustable rings/collars on one side are cross threaded-don't know how someone managed that and a rear has a broken spring- does anyone ever refurbish these things? I've a set of oem standard suspension which can put on the car in the meantime.

Will try Honda for the grill and c what they want for one and try few breakers for the wheels-looked on ebaybut never really know what your buying!

Ps cheers for all the help!
By bluntcap
Buddyclub N+ are awesome. Get them out, send Buddyclub UK an email with the photos of damage etc and see what they can do. The cross threaded one may be done, as for the broken spring, easily replaced I'd say if that's all it is. Cracking coilovers if you can get them fixed mate....like really cracking coilovers.

Get on here mate and see what price the grill is.....

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/
By Stevo M81
Delboy23 wrote:Is AI the best place for getting kpro'd mapped around here lads? Maybe you bluntcap know jonny up there at AI? :scratch:
He does indeed, as you know Jonny is now based in Carrickfergus, ask blunty as he gets all his stuff done at AI [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Delboy23
Stevo M81 wrote:
Delboy23 wrote:Is AI the best place for getting kpro'd mapped around here lads? Maybe you bluntcap know jonny up there at AI? :scratch:
He does indeed, as you know Jonny is now based in Carrickfergus, ask blunty as he gets all his stuff done at AI [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Has Jonny starting doing his own thing? though he seems to be a lil hard to get hold off, almost like he doesn't want to map it!lol
By Stevo M81
Delboy23 wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:

Has Jonny starting doing his own thing? though he seems to be a lil hard to get hold off, almost like he doesn't want to map it!lol
You need to speak with Blunty as i know he still uses him, PM him [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]