The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By Bondy91
Hey,

I've been on the forum a few year but never really posted much. Had my FN2 for 2 and a bit years now and was recently considering selling up and going for something a little more fuel friendly. I was looking around cars over christmas but my heart wasn't in it as i really do enjoy driving the Type R.

I decided i was going to keep it and maybe make a few modifications to it, nothing too much but enough to make me regain a bit of love that i lost for the car.

Anyway, here's a few pictures of the car when i first got it home.

It stayed how it was for quite a while, beginning of this year i decided to put an AEM V2 Short Ram Intake in. I did a lot of reading up and there was many mixed views on these but i decided to go for one in the end and all i can say is i'm more than happy with the transformation of noise once in V-Tec

While i was on buying things for the car i noticed during the last clean that the Type R badge on the back had become chipped - not a massive issue but little things like that can really start to annoy you when the cars spotless but you can't stop looking at the tiniest paint chip in the world on the red R...anyway ordered a new one from Honda and put it on the same day...happy again :-D

And the finished product

While i was on with sorting the car i decided i could do with painting the old rusty calipers so off i went to tart them up a little.

I had noticed a while ago that the Rage Alloys where starting to corrode from the centre caps and they looked an absolute mess - took me a while to decided on what to do with them, get them diamond cut again and in a few years time have the same issue or just get the powder coated a completely different colour - so i went and booked in with a local wheel refurb company - dropped the car off on Saturday morning and picked it back up yesterday and i have to say i'm well happy with the results.

Decided to stick with silver centre caps - i think they really finish the wheels off, i was going to look at re-spraying them the same colour as the wheels but that was before i saw them on the car and i'm glad i decided to hold off doing it.

As it stands i'm more than happy with how the car looks now, more things maybe to look at in the future but for the time being I'm content. :smile:

J
By Magnificent_one
Enjoy it mate! I love your brake calipers! Good effort :bigthumb:

but i think this needs to be in the "what i've done to my type R" section :smile:
By nffc1982
Love what you have done with your callipers did you remove the brakes completely or do while they were still fitted.
By Bondy91
I left them on mate - took around 2 hour to get all 4 done. Halfords Hamerite smooth paint, dries quickly so by the time you've painted the calliper and done the next one you can go back and do the TYPE R bit.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]