The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By b16a2vtiguy
Well the comedy rear tyres have amused me enough! So I've ordered some michelin pilot super sport in 275/35/19.

I also fitted my Brembo Sport pads today and flushed the brake fluid to some dot 4 performance fluid. Initial opinion on them is good, I've had them before on a different car and they seem just as good on road. Can't wait to see how they hold up on track!

By b16a2vtiguy
So new rear tyres are fitted, still seem very slippy at the moment so I'll reserve judgement until they've had some proper use.

I've booked the car in for geometry to be set up, looking into the geo setting at the moment!
By Stevo M81
b16a2vtiguy wrote:So new rear tyres are fitted, still seem very slippy at the moment so I'll reserve judgement until they've had some proper use.

I've booked the car in for geometry to be set up, looking into the geo setting at the moment!
I always find this when getting new tyres installed, but after a good few miles they always feel alot better [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By b16a2vtiguy
Stevo M81 wrote:
b16a2vtiguy wrote:So new rear tyres are fitted, still seem very slippy at the moment so I'll reserve judgement until they've had some proper use.

I always find this when getting new tyres installed, but after a good few miles they always feel alot better [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Yeh the new tyres feel better already!

Ok so I had my geometry set up today, I used Liverpool ball joint centre as they always do a great job and are very helpful.

The car was well out but is all sorted now, I must say the rear end feels much more stable now.

Before:

Now:

The only part they couldn't get right was the front camber, as it still had the bolt in from bmw on the strut top. The adjustment looks poor anyway from the strut top so I'll look into adjustable front camber options to get it perfect.

Pics

By b16a2vtiguy
Got the bike out for a ride today as it was dry and not been out for months on it.

Decided to give both the bike and car a quick wash so couldn't resist a few pics of my toys together :rolleyes:

By b16a2vtiguy
Up to date list of spec and bits I've done to the car in the last 4-5months

-Private plate
-19's
-Dct
-Edc
-High beam assist
-Professional sat nav
-Professional audio
-Bmw Individual audio system
-Xenons
-Dab radio
-Aux USB input
-Bluetooth
-Dimming rear mirror
-Dimming side mirrors
-Sun roof
-Heated seats
-Aluminium shadow trim
-Parking sensors front/rear
-High gloss shadowline black trim
-Extended Black novillo leather
-Auto rain sensor and head lights
-Velour floor mats
-TV
-Cd changer
-Storage pack
-Elec folding mirrors
-Front sliding armrest
-Rear cup holders
-Bmw connected drive
-Bmw connected online
-Voice control
-Climate comfort windscreen
-Interior protection (tinted rear windows)
-Comfort access keyless entry
-Ski bag

Bits I've done

-Black kidney grills
-White halo led's
-Avant garde M359
-Bmw carbon performance spoiler
-Bmw carbon performance splitters
-Evolve stg2 remap+gts dct
-Pipewerx decat
-Brembo HP2000 pads all round
-Dot 4 Racing brake fluid flush
-Rear Lci lights and bmw adapters
-Lci light coded
-Mirrors fold on key coded
-Seat belt bong off coded
-Michelin pilot super sport tyres
-Full laser geo alignment

Carbon splitters fitted today :D

By b16a2vtiguy
Got some LCI rear lights too and had a few bits coded.

I had a quick photoshoot of my car with a friend last week. It was a last minute thing so the car wasn't as clean as I'd like and we didn't have much time.

Some of the pics are taken with a decent camera, some are off my iPhone 6.
Just thought I'd share them, typically my carbon splitters arrived the day after :rolleyes:

By b16a2vtiguy
I've been meaning to do this since I got it 4-5 months ago but the crappy weather and long work hours had stopped me.

Enjoy :)

By b16a2vtiguy
I've been meaning to do this since I got it 4-5 months ago but the crappy weather and long work hours had stopped me.

Enjoy :)

By b16a2vtiguy
Ordered some front tyres, gone for the same as the rears michelin pilot super sport. Gone slightly wider too to match the wider wheels so 255/35/19

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]