The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By JC600
Tailgate cleaned up, not bad for a 32 year old car.....and inner boot corners cleaned, primered and sanded. Also sanded inside the doors and the bumpers. :)

By JC600
Few jobs done today, over rider's cleaned up. Coat of wax on spare wheel (cheers to my Dad for fitting the tyre). Fitted new screen wash tube in boot. Painted bonnet hinges, and a coat of primer on under side of bonnet (then the wind blew dust all over it). Bonnet will be replaced in the future, as it's not the best. :)

By JC600
Decided to get a XR3I mfi exhaust system and manifold. Just waiting on the manifold to arrive. And will get a chrome sleeve for the tailpipe. :)

By JC600
Got the Sportex exhaust off, painted xr3i manifold and fitted. Just need to fit the rest of the exhaust tomorrow night. :D

By JC600
xr3i mfi exhaust system fitted, needs to go on a ramp for some fine adjustments. But looks loads better. Hopefully the sleeve for the tailpipe will arrive soon. And I'll get it fitted. :D

By JC600
Thanks mate, still a fair bit to do.......decided to poly bush all suspension parts as most of the bushes are cracked and perished. Then underseal underneath. :)
By JC600
Got all the brakes sorted today, except one brake pipe needs doing on the n/s rear drum. Then the new braided line can be fitted. All brake shoes, springs, clips, cylinders etc replaced. Front brake caliper seals, dust covers, bleed nipples etc replaced. Braided lines, discs and pads have been replaced a few weeks ago on the front. Sorted the leak from the fan switch, fan needs new contacts or a dash switch fitting. As not kicking in. All sensors and switches are new. Big thanks to my Dad for all his help. :D

By mjhamilton
Looking at this thread makes we want to buy an old SORNED mini and rebuild it from the ground up :)

Maybe, just maybe once I am settled into the new house
By JC600
Do it mate.......your never look back. :)

You've just got to be realistic and set yourself a budget. I've got 90% of the parts now, the thing that takes the time is sourcing parts at sensible prices. I won some genuine spot light brackets (new old stock) for £16.56 these normally go for around £50 used. :)

And most motor factors still have stuff on the shelf and just want a few quid to get rid of it.
By JC600
That's all the brakes done, new drilled/grooved discs, pads, new caliper seals, bleed nipples, new shoes, cylinders, springs, clips etc, braided lines all round. And all bled with new fluid. :D

Still needs a lick of paint.

Now onto the suspension!

By JC600
What a ball ache of a job, but new track control arms fitted, and poly bushes fitted to front control arms and anti roll bar. Will get the front shocks and springs fitted tomorrow and that will be all the front suspension done. (except for painting). :D

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]