The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
Picked up this 2002 Accord 1.8 sport as a daily driver, 110k, 2 previous owners and 13 stamps in the service book.

Last edited by Superman001 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Superman001
Really wish it would stop raining so I can give it a good clean.

I have topped the oil up, doesn't need changing as it was last serviced 2.5k ago, also treated it to some fuel and injector treatment and filled with V-Power so she is running nicely.

Also ordered a K&N panel filter for the airbox and some Magnecor ingnition leads.

By berty182
Looks a great car for your daily! My mate used to have the type r version, cracking cars
By Superman001
berty182 wrote:Looks a great car for your daily! My mate used to have the type r version, cracking cars

To be honest it took all my self control not to get the Type R :lol:

Just had to keep telling myself its just a daily that needs to be reliable and the Type R seem to be going for £1200-1500 more than the 1.8 and 2.0 Accords.
By Superman001
Just got back from having the Accord serviced with fresh oil, Hamp filter, Honda coolant, new front drop links, front anti roll bar bushes, new NGK plugs, Magnecor HT leads and a new rear wiper blade.

I have got to admit the car feels really nice to drive now, the drivetrain feels really smooth and the noise from the front end where the ARB bushes were worn has gone.

I was advised one of the track rod ends has slight play in it and there is a tiny amount of oil weeping from the rocker gasket.

I have already booked her in for the end of the month to get a new track rod end, new rocker gasket and whilst the cover is off have the valve clearances checked and I'm going to order some rear adjustable camber arms as they are seized so I can have the geometry checked.

By Superman001
This week I had a new track rod end fitted as there was slight play in one of them, also had the valve clearances checked, new rocker cover gasket, new Japspeed rear camber arms fitted to replace the old seized items and full suspension geometry check and adjustment.
By Superman001
Not much of an update really, got the car serviced at 110k when I bought it then another oil and filter change at 117k then another at 124k .

So since April I have gone from 110k to just over 125k with no problems :smile:
By Superman001
I found a 2005 2.0 Sport with full Honda history and 78K on the clock, hopefully pick the car up tomorrow :-D

I will continue to do most of my miles in the 2002 1.8 Sport and get the 2005 just the way I want it over the next 6 months or so ready to take over the bulk of the miles. Im just a bit ocd and want to make sure things like all the fluids are changed, valve clearances checked and full geo is done.
Just picked the new Accord, as mentioned i'll be keeping the 6th Generation and running that as usual while sorting whatever needs doing on the 7th Generation.
Just want to get all fluids, valve clearances, discs/pads and geometry sorted in the next 6 months or so.
Only got the advert pics of the car as the weather is shockingly bad out there.

Last edited by Superman001 on Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTR-Asch wrote:Nice ones. I've always liked the way an Accord drives.
There is something special about the handling of them.
Only done about 20 miles in the new Accord but its nice to drive and I know its nowhere near as quick or adjustable on the throttle as an EP3, still it has a nice steering feel as its a hydraulic rack and the 225 section tyres seemed to provide plenty of grip even in the wet.
Not done many miles since Wednesday as I have been on leave at home this week.

I have checked the car over as best I can in this weather and feel confident enough to do the 500 mile drive back to work from Paisley to Plymouth tomorrow.
I'll be gone a few weeks and don't fancy leaving the new car incase the battery goes flat or something like that, the 6th gen always seems to start even after a few weeks of no use so that should be ok at home.

First impressions after about 40 miles mixed driving is the 7th gen is quite a bit more refined than the 6th gen despite the fact its on 17's as opposed to 16's and road noise/tyre noise is less evident. The road holding in this wet weather is pretty good possibly down to the 225mm cross section tyres as opposed to 205's and the car seems to corner flatter with a little less body roll.
Its feels a fair bit bigger to drive despite weighing almost exactly the same mainly as its more refined but feels just as agile and the road manners in slow speed traffic are just as good.

The car feels a little faster than the 1.8 6th gen due around 13bhp per tonne more. It also feels keener to rev, this maybe down to the K20A6 being a twin cam rather than single but also felt my old F22Z2 in the 5th gen was keener to rev than the F18B2. The 5 speed box is a joy to use and has a slightly shorter throw than that of the 6th gen and feels a little more precise, not sure if this has anything to do with my 6th gen having 125k on the original clutch. The overall interior is much nicer but thats to be expected really as the 6th gen Sport was quite spartan and comes without climate control, electric rear windows and cruise control. The part leather seats despite not being electric are very accommodating with lumbar support and plenty of adjustment. The boot is not quite as impressive as the 6th gen mainly as its a saloon as opposed to the 6th gens hatchback but as im a single guy without kids it really doesn't matter to me.

So overall I think the 7th gen Accord is a worthy successor to the 6th gen with major improvements to refinement and interior quality and seems like its going to be just as enjoyable to own as my trusty old 6th gen :smile:
Not a very exciting update. The old Accord was treated to a new exhaust today at 13 years old and 125600 miles and then taken for its MOT which it passed with no advisories :smile:
Took the CL7 into Automek today to get the geometry checked out so thats one less thing to worry about.
Whilst the car was on the ramp I noticed a nail in one of the rear tyres and as they are not Pirelli's like the fronts I took the opportunity to order 2 new Uniroyal Rainsport 3's to be fitted tomorrow.
Also had a new panel filter delivered today :smile:
Scrap what I said above. The tyre place that was supposed to have ordered the 2 Uniroyal tyres in for me said they can't get hold of them until the 2nd of March so they have effectively wasted 24 hours of my time. They offered me Continental Sport Contact 5's which would be about £13 a tyre more expensive and about £10 more expensive than what the price per tyre fully fitted on their own website. Its safe to say I won't be using them ever again.

So when people question why I have 2 cars this is the prime example when you are dealing with companies like this, their sole job was to get me the 2 tyres I ordered in a 24 hour period only to be told they can't get them for a couple of weeks. They had the cheek to ask if I still wanted them! Im sorry but do they expect everyone to have 2 cars or just just to not use their only car for 2 weeks.

I have now ordered 2 Michelin Pilot Sport 3's in 225/45/17 from another local company and they can have them in ready to fit for about 3 this afternoon.
Managed to change the air filter on the CL7 today but the airbox lid screws were totally corroded.

I just used a socket in the end as you can see here a screwdriver just rounded the heads :sad:

New K&N on top.

At least the old filter that was in there was a genuine part by Toyo Roki.

Not the dirtiest filter I have seen but definitely not changed at the last service.
The CL7 is booked in for a service on Friday, not really used it much recently and have been using the 6th gen to go between Paisley and Plymouth the last couple of months.

She will be getting fresh fully synthetic oil, a Hamp oil filter, new rear left caliper as the one that's on is binding, new Pagid rear discs and Pagid Pads.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]