The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By b16a2vtiguy

My mate Lee took a few pics of the car with his camera so I thought I'd post them up on here :-)
Comments welcome

By Stevo M81
Every pic looks stunning but then again its not hard with a car that is that good looking :lol: [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By b16a2vtiguy
Thanks lads,

Well fitted the gt3 throttle body, ipd plenum, intake pipe and bmc air filter yesterday. I also remapped the Ecu so it feels much better now with a definite power increase. I'm going to de snork it next to allow for better airflow, then I'll be on the exhaust hunt :-)

Once I'd done the remap Ecu, I went for a blast around the evo triangle, it's a seriously well sorted and capable car and really shines on roads like those!

Didn't get a chance for any pics but I'll see if lee got any and post them up if so.
By Gho5t
b16a2vtiguy wrote:Thanks lads,

Well fitted the gt3 throttle body, ipd plenum, intake pipe and bmc air filter yesterday. I also remapped the Ecu so it feels much better now with a definite power increase. I'm going to de snork it next to allow for better airflow, then I'll be on the exhaust hunt :-)

Once I'd done the remap Ecu, I went for a blast around the evo triangle, it's a seriously well sorted and capable car and really shines on roads like those!

Didn't get a chance for any pics but I'll see if lee got any and post them up if so.
I take it there is a different map via softronic for just the plenum and tb and then with an exhaust?

Much hassle to do? I'm looking at going down the same route
By b16a2vtiguy
Gho5t wrote:
b16a2vtiguy wrote:Thanks lads,

I take it there is a different map via softronic for just the plenum and tb and then with an exhaust?

Much hassle to do? I'm looking at going down the same route
Very easy to do, I didn't go with softronic but yes most companies offer various remaps depending on the upgrades fitted.

A friend from Germany did mine, he does all the high end cars using winol software and has done many caymans :-)

I also checked the AFR to make sure it's right and it's bang on. Cost me a lot less than softronic too, what are friends for hey?!
By Stevo M81
The new driveway looks well matey, also that car just gets better looking every time i see it [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By ShaunCTR
Stevo M81 wrote:The new driveway looks well matey, also that car just gets better looking every time i see it [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Exactly what I was going to say!!!!! :salut:
By b16a2vtiguy
Thanks lads, made up with the new driveway!

Lee got a few pics of the blast around evo triangle so I've added them as I said I would!

By b16a2vtiguy
Put some silvertech bulbs in the front and rear indicators today, smartens it up a bit and gets rid of the orange tint in the lights.

I'm hoping to get a dyno run soon, so I can see what power it's currently making and I'll have a better idea how restrictive the exhaust is.
Also looking into a smaller drive pulley that apparently does wonders, but not liking the fact they retain the original belt.
By b16a2vtiguy
Stevo M81 wrote:Car looks great as usual but i still love that new drive way :lol:
Thanks mate, I love the driveway too....perhaps we are getting old?!
By Stevo M81
b16a2vtiguy wrote:
Stevo M81 wrote:Car looks great as usual but i still love that new drive way :lol:
Thanks mate, I love the driveway too....perhaps we are getting old?!
:lol: Maybe a little my friend
By b16a2vtiguy
Well, sad to say it but looks like the Cayman will be going tomorrow, I've had to admit to myself that I need a more practical car :-(
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]