The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By b16a2vtiguy
So yeh, I've wanted one of these for ages.

When this one came up for sale with a silly amount of optional extras I just had to have it! The brakes are insane, carbon ceramic 6 pot 350mm x 34mm front brakes and 4 pot 350mm x 28mm rear.
The Bose surround system is epic too, far better than the Bose system in the alfa GTA.

So it's a 2008 Porsche Cayman S with the following option extra spec.

Car extras

-Adaptive Sport Seats
-Automatic Climate Control
-Bi-Xenon headlamps
-Carbon interior pack
-Bose Surround Sound System
-Full Leather Interior
-Cobalt blue metallic paint
-PASM suspension
-Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake
-Porsche Communication Management (PCM 2.1)
-6 disc cd changer
-Phone kit
-Oem iPod+aux connector
-Short shifter
-Sport chrono pack
-Sport steering wheel
-19" carrera sport wheels
-Luggage blind

Comments welcome :-)
By b16a2vtiguy
Mark83 wrote:Great cars :salut:

Brave man though buying one with PCCBs. Hopefully you don't have to replace them.
I was concerned at first but after researching it I decided it was the best option.

Having experience upgrading the brakes on previous cars I've owned and researching what's available for the cayman s in terms of big brake kits I decided I really wanted a pccb equipped cayman.

The way I looked at it, you've got great ceramic brakes to use. And when they die you can replace them with 2-piece floating iron discs.

The cost of ceramic discs from Porsche is ridiculous, I'm pretty sure I could get some much cheaper with phoning around suppliers/ custom work.
However, let's just say they are so expensive they are not a viable option to replace. A full set of iron 2-piece floating discs with aluminium hats can be ordered from brembo for about £2k
If you had been offered a huge front 350x34mm 6pot brembo (makes porsche calipers) big brake kit and rear 350x28mm with 4 pot calipers for £2k you'd jump at it! Bargain of the century! (Second hand car wise)

If you only track the car occasionally and want to preserve the pccb discs, you can just just buy the iron discs and swap the pads and discs each trackday as it's such a simple job, 1-2 hours work tops!
So that's my rationale behind it, for the calipers/brackets etc alone it's worth it. You also get the more powerful master cylinder too which is a benifit.
By Mark83
b16a2vtiguy wrote:
Mark83 wrote:Great cars :salut:

Brave man though buying one with PCCBs. Hopefully you don't have to replace them.
I was concerned at first but after researching it I decided it was the best option.

Having experience upgrading the brakes on previous cars I've owned and researching what's available for the cayman s in terms of big brake kits I decided I really wanted a pccb equipped cayman.

The way I looked at it, you've got great ceramic brakes to use. And when they die you can replace them with 2-piece floating iron discs.

The cost of ceramic discs from Porsche is ridiculous, I'm pretty sure I could get some much cheaper with phoning around suppliers/ custom work.
However, let's just say they are so expensive they are not a viable option to replace. A full set of iron 2-piece floating discs with aluminium hats can be ordered from brembo for about £2k
If you had been offered a huge front 350x34mm 6pot brembo (makes porsche calipers) big brake kit and rear 350x28mm with 4 pot calipers for £2k you'd jump at it! Bargain of the century! (Second hand car wise)

If you only track the car occasionally and want to preserve the pccb discs, you can just just buy the iron discs and swap the pads and discs each trackday as it's such a simple job, 1-2 hours work tops!
So that's my rationale behind it, for the calipers/brackets etc alone it's worth it. You also get the more powerful master cylinder too which is a benifit.
That's exactly what I would do too.
By b16a2vtiguy
J@mes wrote:So this luggage blind? How much luggage can you stow in a cayman s? :lol:
Actually much bigger than a s2000!
By b16a2vtiguy
mjhamilton wrote:
m1ke wrote:Is it me or does that look like a boxster with a roof?

Still very cool.
it is
Lol. It actually shares more parts/ more in common with the 911.

Not that there's anything wrong with a boxster s, mega cars!
By mjhamilton
b16a2vtiguy wrote:
mjhamilton wrote:
m1ke wrote:Is it me or does that look like a boxster with a roof?

Still very cool.
it is
Lol. It actually shares more parts/ more in common with the 911.

Not that there's anything wrong with a boxster s, mega cars!

I meant it does look like a Boxster Coupe - I know what it actually shares with what ;)
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]