The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By b16a2vtiguy
Some more pics,

And a pic of the civic next to the cayman

Excuse the crappy driveway, just waiting for nicer weather to get it done!

By b16a2vtiguy

I've ordered some cree reg plate, fog light/home and sidelight bulbs so looking forward to getting them, gives it that crisp modern touch :-)
By b16a2vtiguy
*nub* wrote:I like the front end of your FN2. anymore pics?
Just for you ;-) it's the GP kit painted a custom colour.

By b16a2vtiguy
Update on the cayman front, I found some parts for a good price I wasn't quite planning on getting these yet. Obviously, I thought I'd best just buy them as knowing my luck when I want them in a few months I won't be able to find them at this price again.

It's quite known that the cayman s had its intake restricted to stop it out performing the more more expensive 911, they also refused to fit a LSD until the cayman R came out.
So by doing a very simple install of the following parts utilising a genuine porsche throttle body, and a remapped Ecu the power gains are pretty impressive. Power is upped to around 340-350bhp (295bhp standard) and torque is upped from 245 ftlbs to 300 ftlbs.

The parts are as follows:

-IDP intake plenum

-GT3 82mm throttle body

-BMC air filter

-Silicon induction pipe

I'm looking at using softronic to remap the Ecu as I've heard good things from the research I've done.

I've also replaced a few bulbs for cree Led white bulbs, still waiting for some to arrive so I'll pop up pics when they are all done :-)
By Stevo M81
Doesn't take that much mods to get the power upped on this thing, Sweet [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
By Fire_2
a friend of mine as the Cayman R with the Gen2 Direct Injection engine and he's running 365bhp at surry rolling road

mine made 319bhp all stock (boxster spyder)

best mod you can do is increase the front camber with RSS lower arms and a decent geo.
also I've just fitted Endless MX72 pads as even the uprated sport pads by Porsche are shocking.
By b16a2vtiguy
Fire_2 wrote:a friend of mine as the Cayman R with the Gen2 Direct Injection engine and he's running 365bhp at surry rolling road

mine made 319bhp all stock (boxster spyder)

best mod you can do is increase the front camber with RSS lower arms and a decent geo.
also I've just fitted Endless MX72 pads as even the uprated sport pads by Porsche are shocking.

I'll look into the camber arms, good standard figures those!

Those pads wouldn't work with mine as I have the pccb brakes.
By b16a2vtiguy
Fire_2 wrote:ah yes PCCB, I would remove the pads and discs and replace with steel items,

PCCB will be killed in 6/8 trackdays and costs are £2k a disc :S
They will be getting left on until they die, if/when that happens I'll replace them with some two piece floating steel discs.(I might upgrade to 380mm fronts from the 997 gt3 too)

Is that running semi slicks that makes them die in 6-7 trackdays? Find it a little hard to believe if I'm honest. Have you got personal experience or is it from what you have heard on forums etc?
By N77
b16a2vtiguy wrote:
Fire_2 wrote:ah yes PCCB, I would remove the pads and discs and replace with steel items,

They will be getting left on until they die, if/when that happens I'll replace them with some two piece floating steel discs.(I might upgrade to 380mm fronts from the 997 gt3 too)

Is that running semi slicks that makes them die in 6-7 trackdays? Find it a little hard to believe if I'm honest. Have you got personal experience or is it from what you have heard on forums etc?
You haven't seen Spence drive then :lol:

The colour is pure :cool:
By b16a2vtiguy
N77 wrote:
b16a2vtiguy wrote:

You haven't seen Spence drive then :lol:

The colour is pure :cool:
Thanks mate :-)

I'm not saying anything about his driving, he might be the best/worst driver I've ever met, he may also be the lightest/hardest on brakes. I'm just interested in how he's acquired that information.

I'm very heavy on brakes and make bones about it, as late and as hard as possible is my method. :-)
By Superman001
Im struggling to understand how you can get 300lbft out of the 3.4 flat 6 considering most engines make about 68-82lbft per litre of displacement.

It would work out at 88lbft/ltr, the BMW M3 4.0 V8 only manages 73lbft/ltr, its easy enough to make more horse power but not so easy to get the torque anything over about 82lbft/ltr.
By b16a2vtiguy
Superman001 wrote:Im struggling to understand how you can get 300lbft out of the 3.4 flat 6 considering most engines make about 68-82lbft per litre of displacement.

It would work out at 88lbft/ltr, the BMW M3 4.0 V8 only manages 73lbft/ltr, its easy enough to make more horse power but not so easy to get the torque anything over about 82lbft/ltr.
They are just the results I've seen people posting up, whether or not that's what I'll get I've no idea but I'll certantly give it a try and find out :-)

Here's one I found for example
http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi ... &mid=15789
By Superman001
b16a2vtiguy wrote:
Superman001 wrote:Im struggling to understand how you can get 300lbft out of the 3.4 flat 6 considering most engines make about 68-82lbft per litre of displacement.

They are just the results I've seen people posting up, whether or not that's what I'll get I've no idea but I'll certantly give it a try and find out :-)

Yes it will be interesting to see what they can do with the 3.4, the 997 GT3 has quite a high lbft/ltr of 83lbft and one of the other highest on a road car is the 3.2 S54 in the M3 CSL which makes 83.9 so anything above 84lbft/ltr I would be very impressed.

Imagine if you could get 88lbft/ltr from a K20 that would be 176lbft which is JRSC territory.

Anyway what ever it makes the car looks stunning in standard form.
By b16a2vtiguy
Superman001 wrote:
b16a2vtiguy wrote:

Yes it will be interesting to see what they can do with the 3.4, the 997 GT3 has quite a high lbft/ltr of 83lbft and one of the other highest on a road car is the 3.2 S54 in the M3 CSL which makes 83.9 so anything above 84lbft/ltr I would be very impressed.

Imagine if you could get 88lbft/ltr from a K20 that would be 176lbft which is JRSC territory.

Anyway what ever it makes the car looks stunning in standard form.
Thanks man :-)

So all cree led bulbs now fitted.

Fog/home bulbs

Reg plate bulbs

Side light bulbs

Tax disc holer I found in the glovebox, so figured it was better than the crappy one the dealer had fitted

The wheel bolts were all rusted too, so gave painting them a try, if they go rusty again really soon I'll buy new ones! Worth a try though.

Before

Bolts rusty

Quick paint

Much better

Also got some of these to protect the carbon ceramic discs and shiney calipers!

long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]