The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By SAW
Hi guys

Bought a new more modern and comfortable fast car. Ticks all the boxes and is an excellent all round motor

Had been looking for a few months, then this became available and was instantly sold on the colour. It made the purchase much easier. Had missed out on a couple of other individual colours/interiors prior but I'm glad, this is the one for me.

Trying something with the pics and the iphone settings. The one below is Non HDR, the one below that is HDR. Not sure which one looks best tbh lol

Plans :-
CSL Wheels (9.5" wide rears all round, not staggered)
Coilovers
Maintain it well and clean it well, keep on fuelling as required also.

Will keep you guys updated

Cheers

Steve
By Wingnuttzz
Love this, seriously considering one as a DC5 replacement...

Would have to be this colour though.
By SAW
Thanks very much guys :)

HDR thing is just a filter sort of thing on iPhones. Can switch it on it off.

Phoenix yellow one is a cracker mate :) was a couple of that colour I considered prior to the LSB.

Here's a few pics of the wheels, courtesy of CM Wheels - should arrive early January, only put a deposit down just now and will pay remainder after the Xmas/new year period

19x9.5 et27 square setup.

Will get brand new tyres for them, 255/35/19 all round and fit them early spring once the gritters have gone. Will do the coilovers at the same time.

Will look into new centre caps and //M stickers also, not sure whether to get the black/carbon badges or stick with OEM as they look ok against the Laguna Seca blue.
By bornlucky1
Welcome to the club :). I feel that an M should be in a bright colour, I opted for imola red.
I tried four rears on mine but it made my steering feel a bit iffy I found.
Best mod you could make is the h&r anti roll bars, seriously transformed my motor. My csl's came from crcman too.
By SAW
Thanks very much guys :)

I'll see what the square setup is like. I'll still have the fronts if I'm not keen on the way it feels, but should be fine.

Iv looked into the H&R's, they seem decent. Imola red is a nice colour too, I'm fond of a red car :)
By SAW
Wheels arrived - also purchased some HSD Monopro Coilovers

Not as happy as the wheels as I thought. The overall finish isn't as good as I'd like, but I think for the price I'm maybe expecting too much. I may have them powder coated after summer in a darker silver/anthracite - will see how they look.

After a good bit of reading up on the square setup, I'm going to gt some 15mm rear spacers before fitting them.

Will get some poly bushes for the wishbones all round, for the subframe and also the diff mounts, make a decision on some tyres, then have them all fitted towards the start of March.

My mate and I have decided to go a trip to the Nurburgring first weekend in October. So other than the above mentioned, a big brake kit for the front is also on the cards, and maybe a set of 18's if ££ permits, otherwise it'll stay on the CSL's.
By SAW
Got my Coils and CSL wheels fitted today. Was getting dark by time I got some images, so here are some poorly edited iPhone pictures

So I’ve made a bit of a booboo with the tyre choice.

As some of you may know I’ve gone for the CSL square setup with rear wheels all round.

I bought some part worn Dunlop Sportmaxx RT tyres through eBay last month, all almost new tread depth (above 6mm)

I went for 235/35/19 on the front which are perfect, although at current height we have some rubbing issues so may need to be raised a tad. Had to fit a front spacer (only 5mm) so the wheels would clear the front coilover as they were fouling initially.

I then found some 245/45/19 on the rear which are totally useless for what I wanted to achieve, although for the cost/price I got them for, they were worth a punt. I had purchased 15mm spacers for the rear so that the poke of the rears could match that of the fronts, but with these tyres there are no chance of that happening. I’ll run it as is just now, look into getting the 255/35/19 tyres later in the year.

Better pictures to come later today/tomorrow in the daylight/sunlight, as those above do it next to no justice.

Overall though - I'm delighted with how the car now looks. It looks so much cleaner than it did with the black 19" OEM wheels and sits a hell of a lot better. To me, it's almost perfect exterior wise.

Cheers

Stevie
By SAW
Rear arches rolled and 12mm spacers fitted. 15mm spacers were just catching on acceleration. Maybe a change to 235/35/19 (same as front) from the 255/30/19 at a later date will allow the 15mm spacers on.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]