The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By dnz 21
Stevo M81 wrote:Coming together nicely matey [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
Cheers mate, yeh it's taking shape now :-D

pulpmelon_r wrote:Intake, turbo back, front mount IC and software - I'm guessing this is 'stage 2' in ST land?
It sort of depends what tuning company you use but it's normally something like this

Stage 1 is a remap
Stage 2 is the above with intercooler and partial exhaust and/or induction
Stage 3 is remap, full exhaust, intercooler and induction
Stage 3+ is above with RS injectors and hybrid/RS turbo
Stage 4 is very expensive lol

Once I decide on the induction set up and get it fitted mine should be around the 320 mark with around 400ft/lbs of torque give or take
By dnz 21
Havnt updated this for ages. Sold the Milltek cat back and bought a Section 59 cat back making the full exhaust 3" from the turbo back, this sounded awesome and pops and bangs were great for my inner child :-D

I have also sorted the induction kit out in the form of a full Dreamscience kit. Had it powder coated white and added a larger K&N filter before fitting it

Removed all of this to fit the new set up

Fitted it along with relocating the ECU using a genuine RS ECU cover. Also took the symposer off while I was on for a much cleaner look

That pretty much sorted the car for a solid 320ish only thing letting it down was the clutch. So had a full RS clutch kit fitted and while it was getting that done I added a Hardrace gearbox torque mount and a Mountune recirc valve. This totally transformed the car to be honest, I could finally feel the full power of the car instead of the clutch just shitting its self and slipping

The next plan was put it away for winter and just use my Freelander. Then early next year have the block mod done along with upgrading the map to Collins new 340 software. Probably add new Hardrace bushes to the front and new discs and pads as well

Now the change started, I got sick of the Freelander after having it 4 years. It was underpowered, had no toys was boring and after having it 4 years I just fancied a change. Always had a itch for a nice Rangie and was close to getting a sport before I bought the ST. A chance look on Autotrader and I found the perfect Rangie for me but it only made sense if I sold the Freelander and the ST. The ST was pretty much a drive queen and in the 2 and a half years I had it I only did about 7k miles so all that money sat on the drive was a little pointless. Anyway went to the dealer and got a deal I couldnt really turn down so px'd both cars and I am now the owner of this

Top spec full fat supercharged V8 Rangie. Its a 1 owner with full Landrover history, brand new wheels and tyres and also in the deal got them to throw in a set of 20" Rangie sport alloys that I will change the tyres and have a full set of winter tyres put on and use them over winter as the 22" wheels will be rubbish in ice/snow. Only picked it up on Thursday afternoon so havnt had a chance to do anything to it yet but so far I am over the moon with it. Thought it was about thime I grew up anyway :lol:
By Stevo M81
Very nice matey, seems like alot of us are driving more sensible cars these days. I have another 2 years with the Audi A3 them am getting the new Mark 7 GTI as it ticks all the boxes with the family :)
By dnz 21
Yeh mate it was an attempt at growing up a bit but its just not me. Chopped it in for a A5 coupe black edition last week so should have it next week once my plate is changed over
By EvoStu
Christ you change your cars a lot dude! Madness. lol.
By dnz 21
Haha this one is a nice spec so should be keeping it a little longer. Facelifted A5 S Line black edition in Daytona grey, full leather, B&O stereo etc etc so should do me fine for a while

Added in 17 minutes 45 seconds:
Already changed a few things over the last few days but this was it when I picked it up

By dnz 21
Changed a few things over the last couple of months. I am by no means a stance queen but I hated the way the car sat, too high and the wheels were too far in the arches. So it now has some 20mm front and 25mm rear H&R spacers then that was followed by some 35mm H&R lowering springs. This pretty much got it looking spot on so next it was either get the rotor wheels powder coated or just buy some different wheels. Decided to just keep the rotors as winter wheels and buy something new for the summer. Looked at all sorts but decided on these with some 255/35/19 Avon ZZ5s

So this is how it is now

Think that will do for now apart from a remap and possibly a RS5 front grill. Though I am looking more and more at DC5s lately :lol:

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]