The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By Mark83
So this weekend I swapped this

for this

We arrived on Friday at my mate's guesthouse to this weather

No time to hang around as we had to head to the GP track to set up our camp for the weekend. We drove the 1 mile and it was still raining at the track

We got half set up before getting fed up with the wind and rain and headed to the Comfy Corner for the usual pre-race meal and beer.

Saturday, race day. We headed up and thankfully the Eifel weather God smiled upon us. This would home for the next 24hrs

I was rider no.1 for my team so a quick bowl of pasta before heading to the start

Pre-race team photograph

1pm - Race start

My first lap was a steady 57 mins around the VLN track layout (circa 16 miles).

Kesselchen was just as difficult as last year followed by the wall (20%) that is Hohe Acht

It was cold and damp through the night so my lap times dropped to 70-80mins a lap. In a bid to get some sleep this year, we did one lap on, one lap off in the early hours so I lapped until 4am before heading to bed until 9am. I was less than amused by my 'pillow'

9am came around all too quickly and time for my 6th and final lap of the 24hrs. Legs felt ok and pootled round in 68mins savouring the experience, except for Kesselchen and Hohe Acht, I still hated those few kms.

1pm Sunday and time to head to the start/finish for meet our team mate so we could cross the finish line together.

As we crossed the finished line, we heard our name annouced over the PA system and the pain subsided and was replaced by a sense of achievement. We collected our medals

And headed off for a well deserved beer and early night.

We checked the results today and we finished 105th out of 706 in our class and 270th out of the 1440 entries. Not too bad considering I'm partial to the odd pie and cake.
By yella
Next year, like most of us I'll say next year I'll do it.

Hope michaela looked after you well
By Mark83
Sacrificial Pawn wrote:Third year on the trot?
If I do, I need to shift about 3 stone and swap my 12-25 for an 11-28 :lol:

Hohe Acht was a killer and I think 34/28 would get me up much easier. The 11 would also allow a higher top speed through the Fuchsrohle as I couldn't get any faster than 85kmph through the speed trap.
yella wrote:Hope michaela looked after you well
Couldn't have done it without her :salut:
Omni wrote:Bloody good effort, knackered just thinking about it
I'm going to enjoy my next car lap even more now as no physical effect will need to be exerted!
Last edited by Mark83 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SeanEP3
cool pics dude.

that hill would reduce me too tears!
By Mark83
I'm certainly going to enjoying driving up it rather than cycling up it next month.

Henry Catchpole from Evo magazine told me today he was lapping in under 50mins and his team did 29 laps in 24 hours :shock:
By Stevo M81
Good work matey, but that looks exhausting :lol:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]