The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
By mattam88
A mate of mine used to put K20's in Elise's.... Him and his mate set up thier own business located in Newcastle somwere dedicated to it.

His demo Elise was Kawasaki green if you've seen it on any of the Lotus forums.

It was truly EPIC and was meant to be mental.....Never got to go out in it though.....GUTTED!

Awsome work nether the less matey, looks :thumbup:
By THE FOOT
hoping it will all be done in time to at least get one TD in this year before winter sets in, but we need to fabricate complete new uprights, engine build, screw it all back together, 101 small jobs, then map, full geo set up and an mot!
By THE FOOT
mattam88 wrote:A mate of mine used to put K20's in Elise's.... Him and his mate set up thier own business located in Newcastle somwere dedicated to it.

His demo Elise was Kawasaki green if you've seen it on any of the Lotus forums.

It was truly EPIC and was meant to be mental.....Never got to go out in it though.....GUTTED!

Awsome work nether the less matey, looks :thumbup:

Stark automotive
By mattam88
^ Thats the one, I havnt spoke to him in a while bit IIRC he packed it in because he now works for Performance car magazine.
By THE FOOT
mattam88 wrote:^ Thats the one, I havnt spoke to him in a while bit IIRC he packed it in because he now works for Performance car magazine.
Not sure if they still do installs but you can buy a DIY kit from them.
By DANCTRs-o-t
hovblackctr wrote:Get a build thread going mate that looks epic! :cooldude: :twisted:
If a build thread is up I'm posting the link on Neil's facebook page :-D
right i'll try to keep the initial 'how i ended up here' bits short...

I bought the S1 exige 3 1/2 years ago with the specific intent of sticking a honda in the back, which i did after a few months and an initial refresh of suspension etc...
The conversion was carried out through Tony Stansfield and done at Phoenix motorsports in Accrington.

In N/A form...

I stayed in touch with Tony even though i live in cheltenham and out of the blue he contacted me to see if i could do some work for the guys who supply the engine management for my conversion (omex) handily they are based in Cheltenham. They were moving premises and needed some building work done in their new unit. After working there for a month straight every evening after work and weekends (5minute job to start with!) They offered to fit a Rotrex S/C so i jumped at the chance!

first incarnation of S/C..

After a couple of TD's an annoying clutch problem presented itself so darren suggested having the engine out to sort it, unfortunately Darren being Darren says 'while its out we may as well'....

-ditch the intercooler (doing nothing) for a charge cooler
-fit a DASH2
-Detail the engine bay
-new clutch
-lightened flywheel

DASH2...

Charge cooler...

Detailed engine...

Then we got an invite to the autosport show...

So all screwed back together we enjoyed a few TD's...

http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f222/ ... ec841c.mp4

Darren subsequently left Omex and joined TTS which brings up to around now, over a conversation we decide to cam the engine, buy Darren being Darren we have ended up with a bigger SC...

and a 2.2l stroker kit...

so engine out, and we start all over again....

I'll see if Darren can update this thread as he progresses with the build...
foolserrand1985 wrote:Hell of a thread. More pictures/VIDEO of the car, mandatory!!

Without prying, what does a project like this demand as a sacrifice for payment?

difficult one as ive managed to sell a LOT of bits from the car to help fund it and now that the S1 exige is in such short supply and high demand, only 601 produced of which iirc 250 were for the uk, now there are only 115 in the uk! i Paid £14995 for mine and you'll struggle to get one for less than 20k now. Thats not to say you couldn't start with a cheap base S1 or S2 elise instead.

With regards to the engine work etc... if you want a N/A Honda fitted with no extras at a reputable converter it's 10K straight away before you have even thought about brakes, suspension, charge cooler, S/C, motorsport seats, harnesses, removable steering wheel, then my build on top. I think if you wanted an original S1 Exige and then do exactly what we are doing to it but utilising professionals and paying the going rate for parts i'm not sure you'd have change from 60K.
THE FOOT wrote:
foolserrand1985 wrote:Hell of a thread. More pictures/VIDEO of the car, mandatory!!

Without prying, what does a project like this demand as a sacrifice for payment?

difficult one as ive managed to sell a LOT of bits from the car to help fund it and now that the S1 exige is in such short supply and high demand, only 601 produced of which iirc 250 were for the uk, now there are only 115 in the uk! i Paid £14995 for mine and you'll struggle to get one for less than 20k now. Thats not to say you couldn't start with a cheap base S1 or S2 elise instead.

With regards to the engine work etc... if you want a N/A Honda fitted with no extras at a reputable converter it's 10K straight away before you have even thought about brakes, suspension, charge cooler, S/C, motorsport seats, harnesses, removable steering wheel, then my build on top. I think if you wanted an original S1 Exige and then do exactly what we are doing to it but utilising professionals and paying the going rate for parts i'm not sure you'd have change from 60K.
So it's safe to say; 1 Lower limb, right kidney and left index finger.

:shock:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]