The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Pics that you just wanna show
cheers for the comments lads its been on my list of things to do for a while now but finally got it done.

Steve - i will be looking into an Aftercooler soon and probaly a smaller puller, just need to save some more money... Again :lol:

bluntcap - haha cars not for sale just yet :twisted:
Update:

Had the car mapped at Eurospec last week and it made around 280bhp 200ftlbs... Romain said it was only producing 5psi and not the full 7psi for whatever reason.. Ie exhaust free flowing, air temp on the day, cam angles etc.

was hoping for at least 290 as thats what they seem to put out on there at around 7psi but as soon as I drove it I was well chuffed, feels so much more smoother and pulls alot harder than before specially in the higher gears, love the sound of the whine and definatley sounds awesome with abit of limiter bashing lol

Well anyway after doing almost a full tank that day I was about to call it a night when all of a sudden my ABS light came on, then the SRS light came, then I lost all the lights on my dash and the engine stalled :(

Instant response was FCUK!!!.. So pulled it to the side of the road an had a look around, couldn't see anything was wrong visually so tried to re-start the engine..... BATTERY FLAT!!!.. Looks like my alternator wasn't working.. So after limping back to my garage which was luckily only up the road.. I grabbed my meter, Battery Voltage with engine running 11.2v... Alternator had poo itself.. So next morning I was on the phone to Integrastella who supplied me with another for £45, went and picked it up and started stripping the charger off, got the new one on and all back together and turned the key, put my meter across the battery and BOOM 14.00v.

After she was all fitted back together I took her for a well earned drive and was Grining all the way haha. :)

Edit: took everyones advice on tightening the belt even more and it looks like its done the trick as now it's spinning the wheels in second which it didn't do before.
Last edited by Leejw87 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bit strange about your PSi mate, surly Roman would have known to tighten it himself? Plus the pulley size you where supplied means it should be running 8PSi, not just 7. Anyway it seems you have it all tight and working now :cool:

Really want to move to a DC5 myself now, take the JRSC off my civic, get a DC5 JRSC manifold and get grinning from ear to ear :twisted:

Here's your video, it didn't seem to embed properly for you.

bluntcap wrote:Bit strange about your PSi mate, surly Roman would have known to tighten it himself? Plus the pulley size you where supplied means it should be running 8PSi, not just 7. Anyway it seems you have it all tight and working now :cool:

Really want to move to a DC5 myself now, take the JRSC off my civic, get a DC5 JRSC manifold and get grinning from ear to ear :twisted:
The DC5 JRSC runs 7psi due to the crank pulley being slightly smaller than the EP3
just need to get the Map rechecked now and see if the fuellings ok, absolutely loving the Whine though :)
Last edited by Leejw87 on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quick Update:

Car is going into Solid Fabrications Tomorrow for a Full 3" system to hopefully free up some power
Have also fitted a K20A2 Crank Pulley to achieve 8psi, just waiting for MASE to come over on the 5th/6th then it will be going in for mapping i will post pics of exhaust and results when finished.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]