The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
By johnrosk
Hi all

I purchased a new FK8 four weeks ago and I have an issue with the gearbox. Unfortunately, 4th gear occasionally gets locked out when changing down from 5th. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Many thanks.
By jasonevans
Hi Jon,

It's a common issue that Honda are aware of. 4th Gear lockout.
Honda UK wwould normally need video evidence of this happening before doing anyting.
Get your local Honda dealer to have a look at it and see what they say.
By OOCH
I rejected my first FK8 due to 4th gear intermittent lock out and 2nd gear notchiness. I video'd my car on the drive just changing from neutral into 4th and it would lock out maybe 2 or 3 times in 30 changes. When I took it to the dealer they couldn't recreate the problem at first and just said the gearbox was stiff because it was new. On the second visit the tech locked it out while the car was just idling. Honda UK acknowledged the problem as a 'characteristic' but said that there was nothing to be done because changing components and even the entire gearbox does not fix the issue. My second FK8 also has this issue so (even though you shouldn't have to) I looked at available fixes. The removal of the clutch slave cylinder delay valve seems to be the best bet. I have a spare slave cylinder which I've removed the delay valve from but have yet to fit it. This vid shows the best fixes. I changed my gearbox oil to Amsol and put a braided clutch line on my first FK8 and while it made the changes smoother it didn't stop the lockout.

https://youtu.be/BEuLin8z06Y
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]