The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
By Steel Lynx
Hi all!

I'm new to driving Type R's so I might be (hopefully) worrying over nothing!

Mine seems to be using quite a bit of oil (compared to any other car I've owned) Do these engines tend to burn a bit? I have had some 'spirited' driving in places so that might contribute? Other cars I've had in the past always manage to get to their service intervals, Including my previous car which was a modified 370Z.

It's an FK8 by the way. 6 months old now. Just under 5k miles.

Thank you in advance for any help / advice :)
By Lewisgame
High revving engine and turbocharged will contribute to the oil consumption.
Most manufactures state that oil consumption up to 1 litre per 1000km (620miles) is acceptable. Anymore than that then I’d be concerned.
By Steel Lynx
Thanks for the reply.
I think it might be an issue with the oil sensor. The reason for my last post was due to the oil warning coming on on the way to work (I then added in half a litre) and then again on the way home from work (I figured it might have been so low it just had time to work its way around so added another half litre)
I checked it this morning and it's over full!! It's litterally all the way up the orange 'tab', and the same again up the metal stick.......
I really hate that dipstick!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]