The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
By EvoStu
Hey everyone,

Just as we did on the FK2 owners page, thought it would be a good idea to start a list of owners of the FK2 Type R (Either currently have or awaiting delivery)

Just comment and put the colour of your FK2, if it's a GT Spec, the R-Number and if you are awaiting delivery or not. we'll then edit this post to update the list.

If awaiting delivery please then comment again when you've got your FK2 along with you R-Number and I can update the list again

Honda Civic Type R FK8 Owners List:
By Martty b
Ordered my gt in blue yesterday. I was the first to order through Glyn Hopkins.
Should have delivery in time for the reg
By McJazz
Ordered a Championship White GT model and paid deposit in March. I have been told the car is due for delivery in September.

So we will see. He did say demonstrators will be in showroom in August.
By Martty b
I just spoke to honda uk . They saìd pre orders will be delivered mid August but obviously it's worth waiting for the new reg
By dweezle
Just spent 2hrs next to one of these, liked the look at the start but it went down hill from there on.
The plastic carbon is hideous & its everywhere, the interior is nice but the FK2 is better, the seats are bulky not like the thin race styled FK2 seats.

Wanted to like this but sadly 1st impressions aren't great, for me the car needs the full carbon packages & some aftermarket kits.
I reckon I would regret chopping the FK2 in for one of these, but I have told the dealer if mugen release something give me a ring :)
By Batman12
Can't agree more with you dweezle. Im confident in saying current FK2 owners would undoubtedly regret swapping their FK2 for FK8, it just doesn't tick enough boxes and makes you release just how good the FK2 is if truth be told!! It was the first Turbo and rarest of them all and sharpest looking of them all! Apparently there's been little interest for the FK8 UK....unlike the FK2 which sold out all 750 units UK within days of release. I'm looking at keeping my FK2 until something special comes along and if that never happens going to look else where Golf R, Audi RS3 or maybe one of the limited AMG 45s. I'm 100% made my mind up won't even be test driving FK8. The back end looks hideous and that's coming from someone who likes outrageous looking cars!
By dweezle
There's a few FK2 owners part exing already, from what I gather it's the whole refinement thing that's swaying it.
Apparently feels a tad slower than the FK2 especially in R mode but has the comfort & ride the FK2 doesn't (it is sat on 20's though)
I don't have an issue with the FK2 ride & I'm constantly in +R so for now it's not enough to sway me.
I am envious of the fk8s optional extras, I specced one up to shy of 39k :-o also the mods & tuning availability will be unreal.
I've been looking for a dealer near me who has a Cw in as that will be my choice in the future, If mugen do a special I won't be thinking twice
By TheJtimex
Sat in a fk8. Not sure what they have done with the seats but there is now no side support, to make it easier to get in and out. Should be interesting when hard cornering. They have definitely tried to make it more comfortable, a more everyday car but isn't that what the type s was for, not the type r. I do like the look of the interior thou. The extra 10bhp won't mean much when it's pritty easy to get 370 bhp out of the fk2.
By SuperFLY
Order went in today :)

Now to play the waiting game.
By 17CivicTypeR_Brian
Hi all,

I'm in the US. I have a Black FK8 CTR. We only have one spec here, Touring, but we don't get nearly the 'features' or equipment that you will get in Europe and the UK.

My badge is 4071-

I have no CTR basis for comparison - prior to this model year, we have been denied the best from Honda. One could argue that we still are based on our lack of many of the features you get, but that's a subject of another thread!
By Bradders
Ordered my Polished metal GT last week!!
Now we wait....

The dealer didn't even mention extras like mats, interior lighting or the carbon packs!? Can't see a salesman simply 'forgetting' he didn't forget all the extra Lifeshine Assest protection etc.
By Martty b
i dont no if we are doing the list for the fk8 but here are my details
FK8 gt in brilliant sporty blue Number 6346 collected on the 1/9/17
By DA Simmo
Ordered my FK8 in Brilliant Sporty Blue interior carbon panels red interior lighting and tailgate spoiler delivery mid December fingers crossed for a great Christmas present to myself
By Flaky_Bandit
Brilliant. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

I really hated the wait.

Collected mine last Friday :D

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]