The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
By Richietype R
Hi all,
I have not posted on here for a while as I have not had too many probs with the car,
Just lately I have had the tyre pressure message come up on the dashboard with the tyre symbol,
I have checked the tyre pressures and all ok.
Went back to Honda and reported this problem and they say to recalibrate the system 3 times in concession before a journey to eliminate the problem.
I have did this so many times.
This problem seems to occur mainly on motorway driving but is driving me mad as when this comes on I have to pull in and check tyre pressures.
Each time tyre pressures ok.
Is there a permanent solution to this problem, I am seriously considering changing the car due to this annoyance,
The car is coming up to a year old this month.
Well peeved with this .

Many thanks
Frustrated

Rich :lol:
By Richietype R
So I take it that I am the only person experiencing this problem, How strange. :-o
I have a work colleague of mine who owns the previous model type R, lovely car.
He had a similar problem where the tyre symbol came up on the dashboard.

He took it back to Honda who then reset the tyre pressure and he has had no problems since.
Guess I'm just unlucky. :cry:
By Plastic Sith
Yep I’ve had this as described. Mainly on long distance driving. Same thing, tyre pressure warning comes on but when check pressures they’re fine.
By Evilwoo
Mines come on twice and both times I've actually had a nail in the tyre and had lost pressure. Those CSC6s are not cheap and add to that the whole 'CSC6 special code for CTRs with the added protected rim tyre wall that nobody specifically stocks' charade, its quite tiresome
By tomwillie
I have experienced this problem in my 2019 FK8. Dealer has tried to reprogram but advised that system just reports back to default summer setting. Tried resetting/recalibrating several times but still no good. The false TPMS warning have only occurred on hot days even when driving carefully.
Having checked tyre pressures when hot after a false warning I found that the rear tyres had heated up 1psi more from cold than the fronts had heated from cold, so that may be have been the cause. Seems TPMS system is too sensitive.
Solution would be to fit aftermarket system that measure individual tyre pressures, but these are not cheap.
When a TPMS warning occurred on my wife’s 4th Gen CRV a puncture was found in a rear tyre & that had 3psi less pressure than the other three tyres.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]