The Worlds Largest Independent Honda Type-R Club & Forum - "Often imitated, never duplicated" 

• Tyre pressure problems

• Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
 #3866680  by Richietype R
 Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:42 pm
Hi all,
I have not posted on here for a while as I have not had too many probs with the car,
Just lately I have had the tyre pressure message come up on the dashboard with the tyre symbol,
I have checked the tyre pressures and all ok.
Went back to Honda and reported this problem and they say to recalibrate the system 3 times in concession before a journey to eliminate the problem.
I have did this so many times.
This problem seems to occur mainly on motorway driving but is driving me mad as when this comes on I have to pull in and check tyre pressures.
Each time tyre pressures ok.
Is there a permanent solution to this problem, I am seriously considering changing the car due to this annoyance,
The car is coming up to a year old this month.
Well peeved with this .

Many thanks
Frustrated

Rich :lol:
 #3866682  by Richietype R
 Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:46 pm
So I take it that I am the only person experiencing this problem, How strange. :-o
I have a work colleague of mine who owns the previous model type R, lovely car.
He had a similar problem where the tyre symbol came up on the dashboard.

He took it back to Honda who then reset the tyre pressure and he has had no problems since.
Guess I'm just unlucky. :cry:
 #3866683  by Plastic Sith
 Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 am
Yep I’ve had this as described. Mainly on long distance driving. Same thing, tyre pressure warning comes on but when check pressures they’re fine.
 #3866686  by Evilwoo
 Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:06 pm
Mines come on twice and both times I've actually had a nail in the tyre and had lost pressure. Those CSC6s are not cheap and add to that the whole 'CSC6 special code for CTRs with the added protected rim tyre wall that nobody specifically stocks' charade, its quite tiresome

Recent Topics

User avatar Honda Civic Error Code P0780 etc

by r.kelly

Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:44 pm

User avatar Honda Civic Type R FK2 vs the World!

by Akula_Type-R

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:47 pm

User avatar Back for the 3rd time

by ChrisJW

Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:16 am

User avatar Brakes

by Steel Lynx

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:01 am

User avatar Fn2 new owner

by dtl07js

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:14 pm

Twitter

About Us

CTRO™ was the worlds first and largest Civic Type R club and forum. Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's. Now fully updated for 2015 the new forum based on BBOOTS PhpBB® Unofficial HTML5/CSS3 Theme. It’s Clean And Crisp Design Looks AWESOME Across All Browsers And Devices.

Don't forget to check out our huge Facebook group and Twitter Pages for all the most upto date goings on in the world of Honda and the Type R Brand.

CTRO

Established : 2002