The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
By Deano7
Pick up my polished metal FK8 this Wednesday from Westgate Honda Grimsby.
Just had the whole car ceramic coated with liquid elements 3K before I pick her up. Done by a local detailed who has done a fantastic job.
The car is basically like a mirror so has the best protection before Winter comes.
Can’t wait!
By Deano7
Picked up the car today.
Blown away by how good and how much fun this car is to drive!
Grimsby main dealer have been excellent, can’t fault them at all, literally couldn’t do enough!
Quick question though, does this car really come without any car mats? Can’t believe this would be an optional extra from Honda?
By Stewart1969
Ordered mine in blue at the beginning of October. Been given a date of 14 Dec!

It's been a long wait so far with still a month to go!!
By Flaky_Bandit
Deano7 wrote: Quick question though, does this car really come without any car mats? Can’t believe this would be an optional extra from Honda?
Usually first thing you negotiate as per of your deal ;)

And they either throw it in or do at discount to close the deal
By Flaky_Bandit
CTR TECH wrote:Ordered one in October in sporty blue, GT spec, delivery middle of December. Just a waiting game now!
Good game good game...not ;)

It seems that the normal waiting period but the date would likely be brought forward. Mine was brought forward once and arrived a few days before the due date. :D

Have a great Christmas ;)
By CTR TECH
Flaky_Bandit wrote:
CTR TECH wrote:Ordered one in October in sporty blue, GT spec, delivery middle of December. Just a waiting game now!
Good game good game...not ;)

It seems that the normal waiting period but the date would likely be brought forward. Mine was brought forward once and arrived a few days before the due date. :D

Have a great Christmas ;)
Hopefully it arrives quicker that would be great but not banking on it I know how dealers run working in them most of my working career. It would be a great early Xmas present!
By Dotty McSpotty
After just short of 4 month’s wait, my polished metal Type R GT is supposed to be arriving 15th December! Seriously giddy kipper! :D
By Flaky_Bandit
Dotty McSpotty wrote:After just short of 4 month’s wait, my polished metal Type R GT is supposed to be arriving 15th December! Seriously giddy kipper! :D
Another perfect Xmas present. Should get the dealer to gift wrap it
By Dotty McSpotty
Near enough! It came draped in a black sheet. And that spoiler look fab even when it was covered up. Am having a serious amount of fun despite keeping the revs sensible! Love it to bits! :Woot:
By Steel Lynx
I purchased an ex demo GT model FK8 in Championship white just before christmas. I am loving it so far! I want to get it ceramic coated sooner rather than later.
By cookra
Mine arrives next Saturday, Polished Metallic Metal - from Listers Honda, they even gave me the option of picking a reg from a list - more than happy... Handing in my trusty FK2
By markysan
Had mine over 7 months now and loving the car. Nearly bought the old FK2, but its so like my old FN2 that it put me off as it was too similar.

FK8 just looks mean no matter what colour its in, and even when it sits stationary. Not a single moments regret.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]