The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
By motty
Was just wondering what people have managed to get knocked off/thrown in when ordering a fk8? I'm going to go down and Honda in the next couple of weeks and have a word so was wondering what other people have managed
By Jock_071279
Very much interested to find out as well. I have never bought a brand new car before so really dont know how to go about getting the best deal lol
By Martty b
I got nothing off list price but will get the car mats at a discount plus they gave me a very good price on my fk2 trade in .
By dweezle
They won't offer deals, usually free mats & some free Honda merchandise.

I'm 2yrs in with my FK2, I'm still waiting for my £100 Honda goods, & I was charged for my supposedly free mats.

You will also find mats & any optional extras will be cheaper from the get go from cox Honda, that did pee me off, paid full whack for carbon packages, collected the car & Cox Honda had them up at discount prices
By michael.mahon
As mentioned dealers have limited supply of FK8 until the end of the year, so there will be no discount. Depends on your dealer what they are prepared to do on merchandise, mats, etc. happy to help with any enquiries or orders. We offer discount on parts for any CTRO members anyway. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By SuperFLY
Was at bracknell honda yesterday and the girl said that there is absolutely no discount on the car and they can't even throw in mats etc.. as that counts as a discount as well.

the latter sounds like bull to me but that's what the girl said.

was rather disappointing to hear considering i can get a brand new 370Z for near 4.5k less than I can get the type-r for. (with the pcp deposit contribution plus discount it was near £6k off the asking price). I'd prefer to get the civic as I miss having a type-r but no deals at all is putting me off. might give it a year and see what they're doing then.
By Jock_071279
Bracknell Honda is where I have ordered mine and I didn't even bother asking for a discount .. he better throw in a Honda teddy bear for my daughter though or Il burn the place down.

The dealer told me they have been allocated 3 CTRs til December (I have one of them), so I'm not surprised there is no discounts at the moment, you might get a deal on the Demo car
By AlexR
Mats weren't even mentioned when I ordered mine. I hope they put some in. I can't imagine any car dealer would sell a car without mats.
By Flaky_Bandit
Didn't manage to get anything off list price for CW. However managed to get discount on mats (and possible room for manoeuvre) and half price on Lifeshine and 36 month GAP insurance. Other thing added to quote was the standard Service Plan.

May go back and see if I can get something off the Illumination Pack.
By SuperFLY
Jock_071279 wrote:The dealer told me they have been allocated 3 CTRs til December (I have one of them), so I'm not surprised there is no discounts at the moment, you might get a deal on the Demo car
They told me the same, although by then (last w/e) 2 had been sold.

I've got a test drive tomorrow and I am tempted, although it's £4.5k more than I can buy a 370Z for which was my original decision so it's a bitter pill to swallow. Much more attracted to the ctr though.

Ironically you're likely to be paying more for a demo. I've seen 2 demos up for sale with <500 miles on the clock for £500 more than a brand new one. Most likely due to the fact you could drive them away now rather than wait. Won't get any deals on new ones for at least a year I reckon.
By Flaky_Bandit
After many phone calls to a number of dealers I signed a document which showed I managed to get some discount on the car :D ...but paid full whack for the extras :(
By gazcarsf1
I ordered my pmm today, paid list for the car and service pack (with the free dongle).

But managed to get the illumination pack for free, with free mats and boot liner and a full tank of gas. Oh and some private plates as well when I move my private plate over.

Chuffed with that deal.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]