The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Information, speculation and anything else specifically related to Civic Type R FK8 (2017 onwards)
By Jock_071279
Hi Guys,

Has anyone got a delivery date for their FK8 yet? I'm ordering as soon as I can decide a colour :Cries:

But I am interested to know what the expected date is.

Cheers,
Jock.
By Martty b
All I have been told that it will be with the dealer within a couple of weeks but honda have said no registration until September 1st . Only demo cars will be on 17 plate
By dweezle
Pre order Customers get theirs before dealer demos.
The FK2's were delivered to pre order customers by the end of July, I've heard the same for the FK8
By Martty b
According to Honda uk pre orders will not get there cars before dealer demos . The dealers get there cars this week and next ready for the launch , then the pre orders can go out.
I dont no how true this is but thats what honda uk told me.
By Martty b
My dealer has said there is a blanket cover not allowing any to be registered before September. I'm now waiting for Honda uk to get back to me regarding this. If it's just my dealer messing me about and telling lies I will cancel my order and get the a45 instead. I have had enough of being messed around
By Zig81
Martty b wrote:Just spoke to Honda uk and defiantly no customer cars until September and probably mid that month :Waks: :Waks: :Waks:
I thought that was common knowledge mate?

Demo cars in August and then customers cars to be delivered in September.
By michael.mahon
Demo cars will be at dealers on Monday. No customer orders will be delivered to dealerships before September 1st, pre-orders should be the first though, and ready early September. Your dealer should now be able to give you a more accurate date in September for delivery as Honda have updated their systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Jock_071279
I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said my order had been put back 10 days (making it the 12th Aug) but would give me an update on Tuesday (tomorrow), I mentioned that everyone was saying that no customer cars til Sep and he said he couldn't confirm it grrr

I will wait and see tomorrow I guess, but I'm getting the feeling he has told me this early date so I put down my deposit :Rolleyes:
By Martty b
I think your right mate. You been told porkys
On the up side I've just seen it in the flesh in black at my local dealer
By Flaky_Bandit
Understand you could get delivery in mid-September for Crystal Black and November for Championship White.
By AlexR
I've been told no customer deliveries before 1st September. Whether that means I'll still get mine ON 1st September remains to be seen.
By RYANMC
I ordered my CW, 2weeks ago. Delivery date 02/11/2017 8-)

Went for the Illumination pack and Black wheel nuts, anyone else ?
By 17CivicTypeR_Brian
RYANMC wrote:I ordered my CW, 2weeks ago. Delivery date 02/11/2017 8-)

Went for the Illumination pack and Black wheel nuts, anyone else ?
Can't wait to see it!
I ordered the under dash illumination myself but I'm being told it is backordered here in the US. I decided not to get accessories at time of purchase because I didn't want to delay delivery!
By RYANMC
What colour did you go for ? The demonstrator I had was Polished Metal, ordered CW. Was a tough decision though
By AlexR
AlexR wrote:I've been told no customer deliveries before 1st September. Whether that means I'll still get mine ON 1st September remains to be seen.
Latest update is that my car arrives at the dealer on Monday and should be ready by next weekend (not sure what takes them so long to screw on the numberplates!).

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]