The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Are you employed in hair-dressing

Yes
8%
No
42%
Computer Industry
50%
By Nomis
Medic. Wife consultant physician - and cuts family hair!
By Nick Crown
Bit late but a Pro. Tennis Coach......serious job!!!! honest. 4 employees...bad working hours but school holidays off.

NickC
By dro_uk
I work for carphone warehouse in spain as store manager.
By Tec
Surveyor working for the telecoms operators (principally O2) throughout the South East. Hard work, long hours.

Tec
By Bex
similar to a hair dresser :roll: Beauty Therapist
By NIKKI P
Bex wrote:similar to a hair dresser :roll: Beauty Therapist
My better half's a Beauty Therapist too :wink:
By ICBM
NIKKI P wrote:
Is she beautiful?
By Skibidee
All you poor people I did have a job once in a giant fridge full of tropicana but now I let willaim hill pay my rent.
By NIKKI P
ian.m wrote:
NIKKI P wrote:
Is she beautiful?
Of coarse :wink:
By ICBM
NIKKI P wrote:
Of coarse :wink:
Coarse? Sounds painful!

:wink:
By bad boy
Tec wrote:Surveyor working for the telecoms operators (principally O2) throughout the South East. Hard work, long hours.

Tec
What sort of surveying mate ? I used to do land surveying but now work for Shell as a hydrographic surveyor.

Cheers

Calum
By turbotomato
I write software for planning mobile phone networks.... 2G, 3G, you name it, we do it

All terribly exciting.............................NOT!!! :lol:

TT
By EmmaT
I work for AXA in Occupational Health :roll:
By markg
I write electronic trading software for an investment bank. Its more fun than it sounds unless I fcuk up and my bad coding loses us some money. :wink:
By turbotomato
markg wrote:I write electronic trading software for an investment bank. Its more fun than it sounds unless I fcuk up and my bad coding loses us some money. :wink:
You must earn sh1tloads though.... :wink:

TT
By seany
turbotomato wrote:
markg wrote:I write electronic trading software for an investment bank. Its more fun than it sounds unless I fcuk up and my bad coding loses us some money. :wink:

TT
Id want 2 earn loads with a job lke that. :wink:

Seany
By markg
turbotomato wrote:

TT
Not yet TT, but I'm working on it :D I'm at the bottom of the ladder still, and living in London can be very expensive, so I can't afford the insurance on a CTR (2k+) :cry: Anyway, you're the one with the VX... :wink:

To make matters worse my place are outsourcing lots of developers to Indian contractors so I'm quite lucky to still have a job at the moment. Lots of banks are doing this so you can't really escape it. The next time I phone our database admins I'll probably be speaking to someone in Bangalore.
By turbotomato
markg wrote:
turbotomato wrote:

TT
Not yet TT, but I'm working on it :D I'm at the bottom of the ladder still, and living in London can be very expensive, so I can't afford the insurance on a CTR (2k+) :cry: Anyway, you're the one with the VX... :wink:

To make matters worse my place are outsourcing lots of developers to Indian contractors so I'm quite lucky to still have a job at the moment. Lots of banks are doing this so you can't really escape it. The next time I phone our database admins I'll probably be speaking to someone in Bangalore.
£2k+?? Feck!! That's an arse.... :( I know what you mean about the expense of living in London mate, it takes the piss....

I'm fairly lucky in that I live in Surrey so my wages aren't far off those in the city (at least with my last pay rise anyway...), but it's not too expensive to live here (unless you want to buy a house that is :( )

Ahhhhh, the VX..... see the thing is it only cost me exactly the same to buy as a new CTR, is cheaper to insure, and is better on fuel.... :wink: :wink:

They've done that with some of the testing in our place (outsourced to a partner in India), and it's been such a disaster that they've pulled the plug already.... I mean whn you're trying to reproduce a bug, it's all about communicating with the tester (as they hardly ever give you enough info to reproduce it on your own), and how the hell are you supposed to do that when they're about 3000 miles and 8 time zones away!!! :x :x

btw, keep persevering (sp?) mate, you'll get to the big money in the end :wink: :D .... if not you can always come and work for us.....

TT
By keithsmith
I'm a retail analyst :shock: .......you don't wanna know!

CTR is the only thing that keeps me sane!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]