The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

What Petrol Do You Use

Optimax 98 RON
45%
Brand Super Unleaded 97 RON
9%
Supermarket Super Unleaded 97 RON
7%
Brand Unleaded 95 RON
14%
Supermarket Unleaded 95 RON
13%
A mix of any old stuff i.e. what ever is at the nearest pump 95–98 RON
12%
By James Manson
Ok as long as you know better than Honda and the millions they have spent on R&D then that's all good. :thumbup:
By RoBMX
With the 5p of every litre when you spend 50 quid or more at tesco it makes their premium the same price as their 95 ron stuff. :thumbup:
By haggis
James Manson wrote: ok here is what the Honda hand book says.....

Page 213.
Petrol models,
your Honda is designed to operate on premium/super unleaded petrol with a research octaine number (ron) of 95 or higher.

Type r model,
use of a lower octaine petrol can cause a persistent, heavy metallic rapping noise in the engine that can lead to mechanical damage.

That is all quoted from the owners manual.
Still going to use 95????? :roll:
actually its page 215, but i'll let you off cos 213 is the contents for the fuel section

if you read the page properly it tells you not to use lower then 95 octane...which we don't have in this country anyway

i believe in Europe anything 95 RON and above is considered "premium" or "super" so thats why it tells you to use that

the reason your subaru responded to the higher octane stuff was because it was made for higher octane fuels, and it was turbocharged too

so in conclusion, yes, i'll continue to use 95 RON petrol, as Honda tell you to in their handbook for the car and its been run for 36,000 miles on 95RON fuel with no ill-effect :)
By haggis
bluntcap wrote::shouldbeinteresting:
i've had my say....clearly this fella is of low intelligence (well he did own a Subaru) so i'll not continue to clog up this thread with nonsensical chitchat :thumbup:
By petefloyd
I was using v-power since getting the car but a few weeks ago I thought I'd try normal shell unleaded for the craic, glad I did because it's definitely running better :scratch:

Doesn't judder anymore in traffic jams etc and it kicks right off in vtec :smile:
By James Manson
Sshhhh boys boys. Let's keep it nice. You could use water and wouldn't give a flying fudge. Thought this was all about helping each other out on here. :bigthumb:
By snottybadger
haggis wrote:
James Manson wrote: ok here is what the Honda hand book says.....

Page 213.
Petrol models,
your Honda is designed to operate on premium/super unleaded petrol with a research octaine number (ron) of 95 or higher.

Type r model,
use of a lower octaine petrol can cause a persistent, heavy metallic rapping noise in the engine that can lead to mechanical damage.

That is all quoted from the owners manual.
Still going to use 95????? :roll:
actually its page 215, but i'll let you off cos 213 is the contents for the fuel section

if you read the page properly it tells you not to use lower then 95 octane...which we don't have in this country anyway

i believe in Europe anything 95 RON and above is considered "premium" or "super" so thats why it tells you to use that

the reason your subaru responded to the higher octane stuff was because it was made for higher octane fuels, and it was turbocharged too

so in conclusion, yes, i'll continue to use 95 RON petrol, as Honda tell you to in their handbook for the car and its been run for 36,000 miles on 95RON fuel with no ill-effect :)
If using 95ron was going to cause any harm they wouldn't of s 95+ron sticker in the on the inside of the filler...
By bigun86
I dont know if anyones already mentioned, but tesco's super unleaded, momentum, is 99 RON, i've used this since i bought my car last month :-D

Edit: just read back and seen someones already mentioned it, and that its no better to use than the 95 RON fuel lol.

Guess i'll be finding the cheapest 95 RON fuel then :-P
By chris89
[quote="JPS3290"]Have to admit i generally stick to supermarket 95. Sometimes stick in some BP 97 or shell 95 and then occaisonally Optimax depending on the price. It was 83.9 last time i checked :roll:[/quo

I wish petrol was this cheap still!

Oh well I shouldnt complain, I didn't buy the car to be economical
By Rosedale6
JPS3290 wrote:Have to admit i generally stick to supermarket 95. Sometimes stick in some BP 97 or shell 95 and then occaisonally Optimax depending on the price. It was 83.9 last time i checked :roll:

I so wish it was 83.9 now :eek: almost double that now.. :crazy:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]