The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

What Petrol Do You Use

Optimax 98 RON
45%
Brand Super Unleaded 97 RON
9%
Supermarket Super Unleaded 97 RON
7%
Brand Unleaded 95 RON
14%
Supermarket Unleaded 95 RON
13%
A mix of any old stuff i.e. what ever is at the nearest pump 95–98 RON
12%
By FAT4Y
I use Rep of Ireland petrol which Maxol have...its rated 99.2RON...thats rocket fuel lol...it does make the car nippy :thumbup:
By Byron_EP3
I use only the best V-Power baby yeah..... 1.16p expensive stuff....
By Crag_O
I usually switch between V-Power and Tesco Super (allegedly 99RON)

Its funny/depressing looking at the first page of this topic, someone mentioning that Unleaded is 72.9p/litre :bad-words: bloody hell how alot changes in 5 years
By bluntcap
Can only find 97 Ron stuff round where I live and its BP ultimate (or somethong to that nature) Had been using it for a while and decided to put the 95 ron back in just cause it was cheaper, but the car felt less nippy. So yesterday 30 quids worth of the 97 ron went back in lol but it is 1.17, when i first put it in it was 1.14 and that was like 2 months ago (only had the car 5months) quite a hike!!!

Would the 97 really make it a tad nippier or is it just me???? :vconf:
By Byron_EP3
bluntcap wrote:Can only find 97 Ron stuff round where I live and its BP ultimate (or somethong to that nature) Had been using it for a while and decided to put the 95 ron back in just cause it was cheaper, but the car felt less nippy. So yesterday 30 quids worth of the 97 ron went back in lol but it is 1.17, when i first put it in it was 1.14 and that was like 2 months ago (only had the car 5months) quite a hike!!!

Would the 97 really make it a tad nippier or is it just me???? :vconf:
I think the fuel you put in does make a difference, they say how good it is for your engine and all that. I like pulling up in my ctr and filling up the tank with V-Power, people know your a serious driver :cooldude: But then my wallet takes a :boxing: as its so expensive.

So what, I love driving.....
By hayesy4791
JPS3290 wrote:Have to admit i generally stick to supermarket 95. Sometimes stick in some BP 97 or shell 95 and then occaisonally Optimax depending on the price. It was 83.9 last time i checked :roll:

83.9, by those were the days :-|
By Maxiato-R
95-98, the only difference it's the price...

In Spain, 95Ron, 1,234€/l
By ganda
I only use V-power in mine, even got the points card. Its all I used to use in my Ibiza Cupra so carried on using it in the CTR.
By gavin_T
I use tesco 99ron

voted in favour of super market super unleaded 97ron as that seemed the closest
By Parry_VTec
I try to use V-Power & Tesco High Octane as much as possible. Usually for the first two weeks of me being paid. After that it's onto bog standard unleaded because i'm usually rooked & have to save pennies somehow :oops:
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]