The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Which tyres are you using?

Bridgestone Potenza
61%
Toyo T-1S
8%
Pirelli PZero
4%
Goodyear
4%
Other (please specify)
22%
By Craig S
Which tyres are you using?

Any comments would be useful too! Let me know if you are happy with them/problems etc?
By Redcap
No problems with the Potenza's just dont drive like an arse and you should be problem free? the blow out thing is worrying :shock:
When they need changing it will have to be for Toyo's or Eagle F1's I reckon :D as I dont do many miles tyre wear is not a major priority, though the longer they last the better (not cheap r they)
By Rag_It
Still on all 4 Bridgy's however as soon as I can I will be changing to the Toyo's as I have heard nothing but praise for them, except that they are a bit softer and wear a little quicker!

Dave :D
By EvoStu
Changing to Toyo's next.

Heard nothing but praise for them.

EvoStu.
By Redcap
Toyo all the way then lads!
If we all wear out our tyres at the same time we could go for a group buy?
Who's up for a burn out? :lol:
By Craig S
Seems like only 4 of us have any tyres on our car guys! :roll:
By TABSY
:roll: not sure how true guys, but when i did me mac course the bloke who took me out said that one of his past type r drivers had managed to find the bridgestones at 80 quid :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: a pop!!!
still trying to find the place. will let you know. unless someone has already found it :roll: :roll:
By Craig S
I got them for £80 each fitted from Kwik Fit! Its just a case of haggling them down!!

I then got my P Zeros for £90 each fitted too! 8)
By Annihilation
was gonnna go for goodyears, bhtu ended up with bridgestone so3 pp's

I will let u knwo wot they are like after tonight! :)
By Reg
Have to wait a wee while but by comments in forum it looks like TOYO'S for me.
By Captain Redbeard
Still running on the original Bridgestones (8500 miles) so I've got nothing to compare them to yet.
;)
By redrum
Got P-zeros fitted they where on her when i bought it .Still learning the car so can't really compare. I came from a 01pug306xsi with F1s fitted
There does seem like loads of crip though.But in the wet 1st to 3 you have to change at about 4500rpm or u spin.but maybe thats my driving :P
By JPS3290
Still on the original Bridgestones. Clocked up about 7k i think (i never check lol) and got 6mm left on the fronts. going be changing to Toyo's but only when all 4 are fully worn down.
Think i'll rotate at 10k so im going see all of 2003 out of these. :shock:
By Diamond Dog
Im on Yokohama A539's much better than the original Bridgestones.

Think im going get Toyo's next time though, much better in the wet apparently.
By gfunk
Only 3.7k on the original Bridgestone so won't be changing for some time. Might be a few more choices by the time I need to change.

gfunk
By dieselpower
I'm going for Toyos when the Potenzas wear out. Done 7000 miles and swapped the fronts for the backs this afternoon. Fronts were down to about 4mm, backs up at about 6.

Can't wait for some of Toyos finest, had them on the 306 and they were awesome!!

Andrew
By G.
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of using Falken, in particular FK-451. I spoke to a guy who had them on his skyline and had nowt but praise wet or dry.

Any thoughts?
By dieselpower
The cheaper Faulkens are meant to be awful, these are the ones fitted with 17" alloy wheels for Novas/Corsas etc. The top-end tyres are meant to be great. Sorry, not much use, I'm a Toyo man! :D
By ICBM
Got origional Bridgies on rear (nearly gone)

Switched to Avon ZZ3 on front...Not bad, alittle better in the wet than the Bridgies not sure about dry, perhaps a touch less...Its close

Look good too

P.S! They were freeeeee!
By seany
Still on bridgestones from new,only done 1800 miles from new anyway so im not changing yet.
Seany

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]