The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Which tyres are you using?

Bridgestone Potenza
61%
Toyo T-1S
8%
Pirelli PZero
4%
Goodyear
4%
Other (please specify)
22%
By Sam_EP3
Falken FK452'S all round, very good grip in the dry and slighltly better grip than the potenzas in the wet, really good wear rate and pretty cheap. would shell out for Paradas but they would be wasted on the amount of motorway miles I do. Only real downside is that the road is increased.
By ez_tyga
My driving style is, I guess, "normal" for CTR owners..Hard accelaration, fast round corners, use the engine to brake..

Currently, have Falken Ziex ZE-512 (205/45ZR17 88W), all round. Have done 10K in them so far, still look brand new. Good grip in the wet, ok in the dry, runs quieter than the potenzas. Tyre incorporates rim protection that protects your wheels.

Got 18K from the Potenza fronts tyres. Backs had plenty of life in them, but got them changed at the same time (as they had uneven tyre wear - yes it started to make the dreaded noise that makes it sound like your wheel bearings have gone).

Performance wise the Potenzas were definately better, but at twice the price...thought I would try tyres at half the price, worked on the logic if its good enough for the Japanese then its good enough for my CTR.

Falkens are a good budget tyre, but would I buy again, hmm, would look for better dry performance perhaps Ziex ZE-912.
By Yates
Tried a pair of yokohama prada spec2's back in the summer & saw a massive improvement over the stock POTs but recently ive got a set of Toyo T1Rs & I wouldn’t go back to the yokos now. Excellent in the wet.
By gavin_T
I voted other.

I am using Vredstein ultratacs in 205/45/17

Brought the car with some budget tyres on (infinity) and they were scary to drive so I binned them in favour of these and the improvment was massive.

Simular tread to the toyos and eagle F1's. Nice safe amount of grip in the cold and wet. Nice and gripppy in the dry too and with quite still sidewalls :smile:

Only downside I would say is that they are quite a soft compound. They got a bit blistered on my last trackday at brands hatch and I have only got about 5,000 miles from them. But I have done three trackdays on them :oops:

Only £70 a corner fully fitted though :thumbup:
By conr33
I always run toyos, best tyre for grip by a long way i think. You can get them off the net for around 300quid delivered to the door, 205/40/17, hard to beat! :thumbup:
By karl.hart
matwilliams wrote:well, started with firenza's (previous owner put them on to pass MOT) after various scary moments involving the rear end disconnecting from the road i decided to change them!
as a big fan of TDi-North's work i went for the parada spec 2's (if they're good enough for a 900hp civic they're good enough for my standard one!!) - went for the 215 40 17's and i must say i am very impressed by they're performance in wet and dry conditions, the back end stays attached to the road and i have far less understeer, not to mention they have the best looking tread pattern!!!
got them from the lk performance shop on egay for 266 squid delivered (which i think is not too bad, quick delivery and friendly staff too i found)

i think the parada's should be an option on the poll as a lot of people on here seem to have them and have good things to say about them.

mat.
i can say 100% that car when it had them tyres on will only be on for one reason and that will be to push it in and out of the work shop that car would never drive anywhere with them on. it use's skinnys on the back and drag slicks on the front. they will be just throw on's dude thats all :lol:

TOYO'S RULE
By Mr Anderson
Falken FK452 225/40/18. Feel OK at first but improve after a few hundred miles. No rim protection though. Struggled for grip slightly at 42PSI but better at 37.
By Sacrificial Pawn
Don't know how they'd perform on the CTR but I've just switched to Hankook V12 Evo on the Meg...and, they're very, very good. Recommended by Seano amongst others. Nice stiff sidewalls, loads of grip and look like they'll shed water well in the wet.

On the flipside, had to put P-Zeros on the front at Llandow. They're poop. Too soft in every way, got shredded.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]