The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Which tyres are you using?

Bridgestone Potenza
61%
Toyo T-1S
8%
Pirelli PZero
4%
Goodyear
4%
Other (please specify)
22%
By rjatypeR
BF Goodrich on every corner! Cracking tyre! :D
By Mr Pompey
Mr Pompey wrote:
bom wrote:Fitted T1-R tyres and couldn't be happier! I can't emphasis enough the difference between the potenza's and the toyo is the damp/ winter :D
Whats the average mileage expectancy...anyone give any feedback on T1R's?
No details on mileage :cry:
By DirtyTypeR
^^ so u mean the toyos are better in the wet?? i have the Bridgestones and they are a bit slippy in the wet ive found..superb in the dry ;D
By Computa Sez No!!
I am using P zero's, I may not be possible but they seem better in the wet than they do in the dry????

Hard to actually feel if you have grip when tanking into a corner
By Savvy
Still on originals (only 2k miles in) and find the tires good enough so far.

Just need to see how long they last.

I've only just learnt not to vtec in wet :roll:
By Rupo
waitin to put some '215/45 nangtangs' on, they were the nuts on my lupo gti, easily as good as yoko prada spec2 and they didnt wear out as quick. And they were 55quid each! I hope theyr as good on ma civic.
By sajon44
i stillon pots 13000 original
By Superbully
Rupo wrote:waitin to put some '215/45 nangtangs' on, they were the nuts on my lupo gti, easily as good as yoko prada spec2 and they didnt wear out as quick. And they were 55quid each! I hope theyr as good on ma civic.
So who is right? I've heard that they are called nangkang "ditchfinders" for obvious reasons.

You say they are great?

Was looking at em but not sure if I wanna trust my life with something that is going make my car perform like Torvill and Dean :lol:

BTW - if you wanna go 215 you should take 40 profile. The 205 you use the 45 profile.
By n6 dlr
Parada Spec 2's All round
By James_TypeR
Im using Michelin Sport or whatever they are called am happy withthem so far had them on for about 2k. Could do with going out on a track to see how they handle anyone else got them?
By craigybaby
i have yokohamas on the front and potenzas on the rear. If you want serious grip you cant beat yokis and my friend who races in rallies will back me up on that.
By Saied
Another Parada Spec 2 fan. 8) Better than the Potenzas in every way for road driving.

I can imagine the Bridgestones still being the tyre of choice for track work, though, as the sidewalls are sooooo stiff.
By slamduncan
Federal SS595s on my Champ white set
Potenzas on my stock set

Feds are better at almost every aspect except cornering flex for me.
Potenzas are unbeatable in the dry though :smile:

Once the potenzas die, i'll be getting Yokos or Toyos.
By modrapheniac
Yokos - Parada Spec 2 215 width, much better than the Pots IMO.
By Type-R Neilsy
I've got my 2nd set of potenza's on the front and just changed my rears to Avon ZZ3's. I find them just a grippy in wet and dry as the potnza's were. I also went for 215/40/17 which are alot cheaper!
When i change the fronts i'll def be going for the 215/40/17 ZZ3's!
By D-Drac
Well, I have Good Year GT2 :evil: :evil: :evil:

And YES!!!
It is BY FAR the worst tyre I have ever had...I 'm planning to change it with Pontenza, or Toyo.

Another tyre I have seen is Good Year Eagle F1 which was preety good! But the best results I have heard, was from Toyo...I haven't driven one yet though... :roll:
By Rupo
So who is right? I've heard that they are called nangkang "ditchfinders" for obvious reasons.
Iv heard loads of people slag the old 'nangtangs', but theyr honestly not that bad. I was pooping it when you said that but I reckon they work fine on type r's. Im gettin another set now and theyr dirt cheap £60 a piece.
Then again, if you end up parking your car in a ditch, dnt come knockin... :D
By brian_ctr
Pots on the front and rear. Will stick with em as well when these ones die.
By MINIYOB
avon zz3
thought potenza's were sh-t in the wet
By NickL
Keeping it OE all the way, just how Mr H would want!

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]