The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Which tyres are you using?

Bridgestone Potenza
61%
Toyo T-1S
8%
Pirelli PZero
4%
Goodyear
4%
Other (please specify)
22%
By stuartJDM
Yeah i had done a little research on them before, and it does rain alot in scotland :roll: althou the s-drives i had on the integra were shocking in the wet aswell
By MattRST
Ive used the following tyres from new, Toyo T1S, T1R, Parada Spec 2, RE040s, RE050s.

Overall the Bridgestones are my favourite, the Parada's and Toyo's feel great because you've normally come from a set of Potenzas with 20K on them, you listen to the comments on here, get them fitted and think they are great but new for new the Bridgestones are the better IMO, obviously if you raise the £££ bar some more I'm guessing the michelin pilot sport are even better. Like most things you get what you pay for.

Matt
By CosmicDaveR
Any one tried Avon zz3's been recommended them as my bridgestones need swapping.
By cosmic-damo
CosmicDaveR wrote:Any one tried Avon zz3's been recommended them as my bridgestones need swapping.
Hi I recently bought my 1st ctr and it came with a set of nearly new zz3's fitted. Obviously i have nothing to compare them to but they hold on in the corners on this 100 times better than my previous golf r32, although that always felt like a boat! :scratch:
By BRAD 76
I have Avon zz3,and I won't be putting them on again,
Pots everytime. Avons were on the car when I bought it,
Found the side Walls way to soft when pushing it.
By davedarave
TABSY wrote::roll: not sure how true guys, but when i did me mac course the bloke who took me out said that one of his past type r drivers had managed to find the bridgestones at 80 quid :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: a pop!!!
still trying to find the place. will let you know. unless someone has already found it :roll: :roll:
Prob us we done them at that 2 years ago but with tyres costing alot more to buy they're now at about £125

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]