The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Which tyres are you using?

Bridgestone Potenza
61%
Toyo T-1S
8%
Pirelli PZero
4%
Goodyear
4%
Other (please specify)
22%
By Superbully
N9CKL wrote:Keeping it OE all the way, just how Mr H would want!
I must admit after the Honda European Tour 2006, I really do like the OE potz now, even in the damp they gave me alot more grip than i thought they would, mighty impressed. Mind you, they were nice and warm from all the mountain roads we've been doing :lol:
By deeman72
Craig S wrote:Which tyres are you using?

Any comments would be useful too! Let me know if you are happy with them/problems etc?

yokohama parada spec 2

205x45x17

just had them fitted so don't know what they are like...

will keep you posted.
By DJSimo
These Are my tyres But I wouldnt advise fitting them to your CTRs not even in winter lol

By Achim
For the winter time I went for two pairs of Dunlop WinterSport M3 and they handle gorgeous in mud as well as on ice/snow. Even when driving in a sporty manner, the car still has her natural "way" :twisted:
By Superbully
jooobag wrote:Yoko Parada's... Brilliant.. Just poo in the rain....
but they are still meant to be better than potz in the rain :wink:
By Dave H-B
Not sure how to specify on vote the 'other' tyre option i am using so here it is :D

Yoko Parada Spec II

Great in the dry, not so great in the wet when ur low on tread. :???:
By TomCTR
Ive got goodyear eagle f1s, i find them good to be honest. i use 215/40/17 got them for 350 quid for 4 tyres balanced weighted and fitted.

I think that there good in dry when roads are pukka, maybe not the best in the wet, but to be honest i dont drive like colin mcrae when its wet, know what i mean.

when i brought the car it had bridgestones potenzas fitted but they were well worn down so i can comment really. seems like everyone elses like them though. :thumbup:

do a lot of people use 215/40/17??? i use that instead of 205/45/17
By Griffyn
Yokohama Advan Sports 225/35/19. They are really good in the dry, have okay wet weather performance but not great. But very expensive compared to compeitition.
By final_CTR
Craig S wrote:Which tyres are you using?

Any comments would be useful too! Let me know if you are happy with them/problems etc?
Bridgestone Potenza or Goodyear Eagle F1 do it for me
By Stevo M81
I am running toyo proxes 4's, 215/40/17 and they stick to the road like glue in the dry and even in the wet they seem to be really good :thumbup: :thumbup:
By HeavySoul
Am running 205/45/17 Toyo Proxes 4's on the front as of this coming Saturday.

Not sure what's on the back but will be getting some more Proxes and rotating if I am please with the fronts :)
By mat
well, started with firenza's (previous owner put them on to pass MOT) after various scary moments involving the rear end disconnecting from the road i decided to change them!
as a big fan of TDi-North's work i went for the parada spec 2's (if they're good enough for a 900hp civic they're good enough for my standard one!!) - went for the 215 40 17's and i must say i am very impressed by they're performance in wet and dry conditions, the back end stays attached to the road and i have far less understeer, not to mention they have the best looking tread pattern!!!
got them from the lk performance shop on egay for 266 squid delivered (which i think is not too bad, quick delivery and friendly staff too i found)

i think the parada's should be an option on the poll as a lot of people on here seem to have them and have good things to say about them.

mat.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]