The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

What's the best car for the money/in your opinion

Honda S2000 ('08/'09)
80%
Toyota GT86
20%
Something else? What and why?
No votes
0%
By Magnificent_one
What's the best car between these 2?
I always loved and wanted an S2000 although i never had a go in one but it just looks right :) especially with a mugen or spoon hardtop :cool:
But there is on other one i might consider and that's the GT86. Newer, more options, not so tight when your >6ft, more forgiving and according to some a bit easier to drive. BUT less power and no topless.

What would you choose and why?
By Sedge
Polls are borked. Sorry.

Depends what you want and you've outlined the main differences already. I'm 6"2" and a bit and can't fit in a S2k. I can't get in with the roof on - if the roof is down my eye line in the fixing for the roof. Joy.

If I could fit, I'd go for a late S2k (one on the run out Edition 100) with a hard top to match.
By yella
think you need to be a midget to fit an S2000, I'd go gt86 as i think it has a huge amount of potential and as prices drop they will become the one to have.
By jtc
6'4" seems to be the limit of the GT86 - my hair was touching the rooflining :lol:

And it feels slow in original/standard form.
By Wullie_trd
I'm 6ft and can drive my mates s2k no problems. Excellent cars only downside is the hard top rattles like mad, don't know if that's just my mates or a common problem.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]