The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Do you think it is acceptable to use your phone at the checkout?

Yes
42%
No
58%
By Omni
algreene wrote:
karl wrote:why not? the till operative is not paid to engage you in conversation, they're they're to run your items through the checkout and to take your money in exchange, they are there to serve you, not the other way around. what makes them so special that they deserve your undivided attention, or that they're in a position to judge whether or not your private call is important enough to refuse you service until you'd finished and focused on them?

Flipping jokers :salut:
No Flipping chance. If you are too rude to engage the person trying to serve you then flip off. Iv refused to serve people in my shops who are talking on the phone.. My shop, my rules!
How did that work out for you?
By karl
it's not rude, what is rude is having to cut off a conversation with someone in order to make the sales operative behind the till not feel excluded from your life whilst they do what they're paid to do...
By algreene
Omni wrote:
algreene wrote:
karl wrote:why not? the till operative is not paid to engage you in conversation, they're they're to run your items through the checkout and to take your money in exchange, they are there to serve you, not the other way around. what makes them so special that they deserve your undivided attention, or that they're in a position to judge whether or not your private call is important enough to refuse you service until you'd finished and focused on them?

Flipping jokers :salut:
No Flipping chance. If you are too rude to engage the person trying to serve you then flip off. Iv refused to serve people in my shops who are talking on the phone.. My shop, my rules!
How did that work out for you?
Fine thanks. I wont die of a heart attack by 40 now!!
By Sedge
algreene wrote:Pay a girl guide to do what? :shock:
:lol: They were raising money for an orphanage in Eastern Europe. I talked to her because I wasn't on my phone :wink:
EvoStu wrote:
Sedge wrote:In 'Merica they bag it for you? :sad: I had to pay a Girl Guide on Saturday :lol:

F**king love grumpy cat!
Yup they certainly do and they wear badges saying "please do not tip" true story. :lol:

What? An American who doesn't want a tip? I thought they chased you down the road with a hatchet and an eggplant if you didn't tip?
dutch wrote:I hate it when charities want to bag stuff for you, they always have a bucket for change, which i never have because who brings cash shopping, no one thats who silly kunts. then they give you the you're a tight kunt look and you feel you have to explain yourself to the spotty kunt. Kunts.
Just pick a till without one - they're the ones with the longer queues :lol:
By algreene
karl wrote:it's not rude, what is rude is having to cut off a conversation with someone in order to make the sales operative behind the till not feel excluded from your life whilst they do what they're paid to do...

Or.. Knowing that you are requiring service or to pay don't start a call!! :bigthumb:
By J
Its simple manors which is something this country lacks in huge amounts.

Its the attitude fcuk you I am moar important. Well no you are not because if you were so fcuking important then you would have someone else to collect your shopping, rude plebs.
By deus3x
My previous post was a little heated and unnecessary. :bumsmack:

I have been in this situation before whilst at a supermarket, i always take a moment to acknowledge the person serving me and continue with my call.

If somebody is rude then i agree i would refuse to serve somebody, but to be refused at checkout because you are using your phone is wrong.
By karl
so should we stop conversing with our wives whilst at the checkout in case the till operative feels left out of our lives, or is it only mobile conversations that are frowned upon in this unwritten code of checkout conduct?
By deus3x
Cat wrote:I think it's pretty rude. If I have to take a call at the checkout I'll generally apologise to the checkout person. Just good manners imo and it's nice to be nice. :smile:
This lady was refused to be served because she was on her phone, i have not seen it written that she was rude. She may have done exactly as you would have and apologized but still refused to be served.

The world we live in is much faster paced for some than others, me not taking a call whilst at the checkout could mean i lose work.

If you can afford to cancel a call whilst buying some milk and eggs then so be it, but for some its not possible.
By algreene
J wrote:Its simple manors which is something this country lacks in huge amounts.

Its the attitude fcuk you I am more important. Well no you are not because if you were so fcuking important then you would have someone else to collect your shopping, rude plebs.
Exactly.. :bigthumb:
By karl
what do we think we owe these people that you feel the need to apologise to them for something normal and day to day that is going on in your life? "hey, I'm sorry that my wife is talking to me about our daughters progress right now, let me hangup so I can stand here silently whilst you run my purchase through the till"

wtf? :scratch:
By algreene
karl wrote:what do we think we owe these people that you feel the need to apologise to them for something normal and day to day that is going on in your life? "hey, I'm sorry that my wife is talking to me about our daughters progress right now, let me hangup so I can stand here silently whilst you run my purchase through the till"

Its called manners, which is lacking in modern society. Everyone is so self centred now and doesnt give two shiney shits about others.
By Stevo07
algreene wrote:
karl wrote:what do we think we owe these people that you feel the need to apologise to them for something normal and day to day that is going on in your life? "hey, I'm sorry that my wife is talking to me about our daughters progress right now, let me hangup so I can stand here silently whilst you run my purchase through the till"

Its called manners, which is lacking in modern society. Everyone is so self centred now and doesnt give two shiney shits about others.
Yeah like the checkout operator, thinks the world revolves around her and doesn't have the manners to get on with her job.
Last edited by Stevo07 on Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By karl
algreene wrote:
J wrote:Its simple manors which is something this country lacks in huge amounts.

Its the attitude fcuk you I am more important. Well no you are not because if you were so fcuking important then you would have someone else to collect your shopping, rude plebs.
so you two feel that a person who you do not know, is saying "fuck you, I'm more important that you" if they are talking on a mobile whilst you're doing your part of the contractual agreement? :rotflmao:
By algreene
Stevo07 wrote:
algreene wrote:

Yeah like the checkout operator, thinks the world revolves around her and doesn't have the manners to get on with her job.
What the flip are you wittering about??

A polite hello from the cashier, and a do you need any help is usually what they ask. I talk to people and am polite enough to be pleasant and hold a conversation.. Some of you on here are flip at times..
By algreene
karl wrote:
algreene wrote:

so you two feel that a person who you do not know, is saying "flip you, I'm more important that you" if they are talking on a mobile whilst you're doing your part of the contractual agreement? :rotflmao:
No, I think how Flipping rude are you to not even take the time to engage me properly when you are wanting a service from me.

Long time ago I had and Ep3 for 220k kilometers in[…]