The largest Civic Type R club forum

Established in 2002 it brings together people from all over the world to discuss their one love of Type R's.

Got an discussion that needs a majority verdict? Put it to the vote.

Do you think it is acceptable to use your phone at the checkout?

Yes
42%
No
58%
By Cat
karl wrote:what do we think we owe these people that you feel the need to apologise to them for something normal and day to day that is going on in your life? "hey, I'm sorry that my wife is talking to me about our daughters progress right now, let me hangup so I can stand here silently whilst you run my purchase through the till"

wtf? :scratch:
Maybe old skool but I like to acknowledge someone's presence even if they are just scanning my shopping. Although if they ignored me I might just make a phonecall!

I don't have important, serious calls when I'm at a shopping till. To me that's like wtf??!?
Why not wait till you see each other and talk about stuff like that face to face?

Some folk must have incredibly busy lives. Believe it or not I sometimes even go to the shop without a phone! :eek:
By algreene
Cat wrote:
karl wrote:what do we think we owe these people that you feel the need to apologise to them for something normal and day to day that is going on in your life? "hey, I'm sorry that my wife is talking to me about our daughters progress right now, let me hangup so I can stand here silently whilst you run my purchase through the till"

Maybe old skool but I like to acknowledge someone's presence even if they are just scanning my shopping. Although if they ignored me I might just make a phonecall!

I don't have important, serious calls when I'm at a shopping till. To me that's like wtf??!?
Why not wait till you see each other and talk about stuff like that face to face?

Some folk must have incredibly busy lives. Believe it or not I sometimes even go to the shop without a phone! :eek:
Not busy Cat. just incredibly self centred and rude.
By karl
algreene wrote:

Its called manners, which is lacking in modern society. Everyone is so self centred now and doesnt give two shiney shits about others.
I am polite, courteous and hold doors for everyone, but fuck hanging up a call just so the checkout operative feels like they're the centre of my attention, that's just retarded, they're there to serve me, not the other way around, life doesn't just put itself on hold whilst we make purchases...
By karl
Al, get off your high horse, you're now introducing variables to support your opinion. nobody said they wouldn't acknowledge the person behind the till, just that the persons conversation shouldn't be expected to end simply to appease those who follow the unwritten rules you're wittering on about...
By Cat
Why would anyone want to have an important conversation while in a queue of shoppers who are all able to eavesdrop is beyond me. Too much lolage right there! :rotflmao:

Right ya rude feckers I'm off to be polite to the lady in the shop and ask her how her day's been and discuss the weather. :badrazz:
By algreene
karl wrote:Al, get off your high horse, you're now introducing variables to support your opinion. nobody said they wouldn't acknowledge the person behind the till, just that the persons conversation shouldn't be expected to end simply to appease those who follow the unwritten rules you're wittering on about...
So what exactly would be that important that you cant just wait until you have paid???
By karl
Cat wrote:Why would anyone want to have an important conversation while in a queue of shoppers who are all able to eavesdrop is beyond me. Too much lolage right there! :rotflmao:

Right ya rude feckers I'm off to be polite to the lady in the shop and ask her how her day's been and discuss the weather. :badrazz:
why does it have to be important, why can't a person be at liberty to converse with someone at the time they like, via whatever medium they choose about whatever they want? what if someone's mother is in hospital and their dad calls whilst they're being served or are in the queue to be served? why does societies unwritten rules about checkout operatives being the centre of focus in a transaction take precedence over that?
algreene wrote:
karl wrote:Al, get off your high horse, you're now introducing variables to support your opinion. nobody said they wouldn't acknowledge the person behind the till, just that the persons conversation shouldn't be expected to end simply to appease those who follow the unwritten rules you're wittering on about...
So what exactly would be that important that you cant just wait until you have paid???
what has importance got to do with anything, who mentioned importance anywhere? the conversation topic is irrelevant, people can talk to whomever they like about whatever they like, the till operative is not the most important thing in the world
By NHB_EP3_Chris
algreene wrote:
karl wrote:
algreene wrote:
J wrote:Its simple manors which is something this country lacks in huge amounts.

Its the attitude fcuk you I am more important. Well no you are not because if you were so fcuking important then you would have someone else to collect your shopping, rude plebs.
Exactly.. :bigthumb:
so you two feel that a person who you do not know, is saying "flip you, I'm more important that you" if they are talking on a mobile whilst you're doing your part of the contractual agreement? :rotflmao:
No, I think how Flipping rude are you to not even take the time to engage me properly when you are wanting a service from me.
I think the point is that you, as a cashier, are just part of a system that in this day and age does not actually require the need for much interaction. People take advantage of this by talking to others/making a call whilst you blip items past a scanner and then ask for money. Thats why self service works, because the human is not actually needed (unless you are buying restricted goods).
By karl
I've noticed that most of the takeaways round here now have a tips box sat out on the counter that they straighten up and move just before they hand you your shrapnel back
By algreene
I very rarely tip. If I do I expect to have had brilliant service and only ever tip a waitress/waiter. Never delivery people, never get delivered any way.
By J
If a delivery comes in at £ 27.89 I feel embarrassed taking the odd £2. Especially if it's cold and wet.
By Just Dirk
J wrote:If a delivery comes in at £ 27.89 I feel embarrassed taking the odd £2. Especially if it's cold and wet.
In this situation I'd possibly say 'just call it a quid change mate'... tsb
By algreene
Just Dirk wrote:
J wrote:If a delivery comes in at £ 27.89 I feel embarrassed taking the odd £2. Especially if it's cold and wet.

Christ. We could get a take away for 8 people for £27 here!

I remember getting a take out in that there London several years ago for 4 of us. Cost like 60 quid!! Shocking!
By Just Dirk
algreene wrote:
Just Dirk wrote:

Christ. We could get a take away for 8 people for £27 here!

I remember getting a take out in that there London several years ago for 4 of us. Cost like 60 quid!! Shocking!
takeout for 2 around £20 normally... :vconf:
By karl
why does anyone still tip in a restaurant when it goes straight into the till as takings, and doesn't go specifically the person who needs it most, and who earned it, the waiters and waitresses? all you're doing is paying more for something than they charge, and you don't do it anywhere else!
By RoBMX
I normally give a generous tip in order to appear wealthy if the waitress is hot and wearing tight trousers/a low cut top. Then I have to walk home because I can't afford the bus.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]